Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx with Skin Conditions - What are you feeding?

Sundance

Lairian
I can't do homemade raw -- having raw protein around makes me sick (weird allergies). So we went to a veterinary nutritionist recommended by Tommy's IM vet who wrote up a custom recipe for him for home COOKED. The nutritionist had to allow for me not being able to handle or cook certain things such as eggs due to my own problems. Tommy's recipe had, for example, a very specific organic baby rice cereal (his illness required low protein, a difficult balancing act for an obligate carnivore critter), cooked calf liver, etc. etc. Also a prescription-only supplement to add the taurine and other vitamins and minerals he needed, in a kidney version since he had kidney disease. All very complicated. Required weighing everything on a gram scale and adding some things before cooking and some things after. It took me about an hour or so to make a batch. But he loved the stuff!!!! And it really did improve his health.

Back