Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx worst habit!

What's your Sphynx worst habit!

• Shredding your furniture?

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • Missing the litter box?

Votes: 16 10.9%
  • Knocking stuff over?

Votes: 46 31.3%
  • Other, leave comment!

Votes: 72 49.0%

• Total voters

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Dinka likes to stand on his hind legs and put his paws on my leg. Then he will pull on my shorts until they come down to my ankles.:LOL:

holly_savage

Banned
I had to pick other...they don't miss the litter box, they knock stuff over(but that's no biggie) they do scratch on the furniture a little (but not all that much)...
I'd have to say the thing they do that irritates me the most...is when they use me as a launching pad or a landing pad...especially when they use my ummm, errr 'airbags'as the starting point or the end location! You ladies out there will probably understand what I'm saying...

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Polar Bare is dangerous.
He will come out of no where and launch himself on whoever.
He scared my sister the other night and shredded her.
Once he jumps on you he will not get off.
He also grabs you when you walk by and w will not let go.
He holds his sister down and bites her.
He has tried it with Wrinkles but she fights back.
Cleo will claw the chair but she stops when you say no.
Wrinkles is the boss and she always stick her paw under the door and scrapes it.
It makes me so mad because the judges see that and wonder what it is.
Wrinkes and Cleo also will play with your hair and not let go.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I don't have any issues with Piglet; little Miss Piglet is perfect and doesn't have any bad habits. Pepe (formerly Amo), on the other hand, loves to knock things over. He knocked down my palm plant the other day and nearly killed it. He also likes to knock down trash bins to fish out any interesting (i.e. tasty) tidbits. He is quite a character!

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I went with 'other'. Pedda is a great kitty to live with and has me spoiled. She doesn't scratch on the furniture, is very careful to not knock things over, and has never missed the litter box. I'd say her worst habit is waking me up because she decides she wants under the blankets with me. Now I can't figure this out. It's not like she can't get under the covers by herself - I catch her under them all the time. But for some reason if I'm in bed I'm turned into her slave and need to be awakened to hold up blankets whenever Her Princess Butt wants to go under them.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Nudie's worst habit is waiting til my back is turned then she leaps on it (usually while I'm trying to get dressed-ouch!!!), which would be o.k. if she didn't slide all the way down it for fun :)

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Actually Piglet does have ONE bad habit...she insists on sleeping on my laptop keyboard! I don't know how she can be comfortable sleeping on a bunch of hard keys but she does it all the time. A lot of times she messes up my computer by pressing all the keys at once.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Leo is alway jumping to my shoulder when I am going potty :Dizzy: makes it hard to wipe or get up. I have to just sit there until he decides I am done.

AmazonGoddess

Lairian
I had to pick other...they don't miss the litter box, they knock stuff over(but that's no biggie) they do scratch on the furniture a little (but not all that much)...
I'd have to say the thing they do that irritates me the most...is when they use me as a launching pad or a landing pad...especially when they use my ummm, errr 'airbags'as the starting point or the end location! You ladies out there will probably understand what I'm saying...

OMG! Teeka does that too! I have scratch mark/scars all over the ... 'lady bags'! I usually just have on a tank top while I'm hanging out around the house and when she launches (or lands), there's some 'skidding' involved and it usually all ends with me bleeding ... It was interesting trying to explain this to my Doctor at my last physical. :LOL:

fezmarie73

Lairian
Ducky likes to hop up on the counter top and knock off anything he can. He'll even pull mail out from underneath the paperweight on the counter and drop it on the floor! This is entirely for attention, I might add. :Wink:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Dinka likes to stand on his hind legs and put his paws on my leg. Then he will pull on my shorts until they come down to my ankles.:LOL:
Snuffie did this while I was feeding her and SoBe this morning and SoBe did it last night,,one of them is constantly pulling my pants down if I'm wearing jammie pants. They think they are sooooo funny!!!

Playing with my hair, suckling it and creating knots. I wake up some mornings to a rats nest :Surprise:
Snuffie does something similar as my wake up call. To wake me up she rakes my hair like she does in the litter box creating this awful knot to comb out every day. lol

Ithey use me as a launching pad or a landing pad...especially when they use my ummm, errr 'airbags'as the starting point or the end location! You ladies out there will probably understand what I'm saying...
SoBe and Snuffie were playing and chasing each other this past weekend and they always jump on me and jump on the coffee table I have hidden behind the recliner...well SoBe went flying through the air and I took a knee to the eyeball/nose area,,I swear my front teeth were numb for 10 minutes. I thought she broke my nose at first. Instant tears!! lol Gotta love em!

My little brat bites me!! Haha!! I love him so though!!
Both of mine give those ever so gentle "love bites". However, SoBe still has those really sharp kitten teeth so it doesnt always feel so gentle!!

He also likes to knock down trash bins to fish out any interesting (i.e. tasty) tidbits. He is quite a character!
I can't put popcorn bags or popcorn in the trash,,the cats love it for some reason and will bring down the trash can to get to it!

This isn't really a bad habit- just kinda weird. Baldwin likes to poop/pee in the litter box WHILE I'm scooping the litter box.
SoBe does this!!! Its so annoying!! lol

LLevenson

Lairian
-thinks "biting" is playing
-bringing a toy into bed in the wee hours of the morning and then preceding to play with it either on top of me or next to my head
-jumping on the back of unsuspecting guests (he has scared friends, the electrician, and the painter!)
-knocking items off any surface (not excluding: glasses FULL of water, my gold necklace INTO the shredder then jumping on the ON button and shredding my necklace!, anything he deems in his way, even if it's something he could easily step over)

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have to say other because we have 3! :) So lets see....
Bronxe- John would say exactly what Holly said.. the landing/lauching pad! and licking.. he loves his lick his daddy's chest hair (hehehehe).. but honestly i think my little man is perfect :) he likes to jump on EVERYONE'S shoulders... which is kinda scary for strangers who don't know him.. so that's pretty bad. Ooo he also likes to pull things into his litter pan!! like laundry that has made it on the floor... like say a sock.. or a rag.. he pulls it into his litter pan- naughty kitty. He has lots of bad habits lol

Bea- i'd say her worst habit would be that she's so timid and passive. She allows Bronxe to not be very nice and lets them steal her treats because she eats so slow. but really no bad habits...

Winny- She is one CRABBY girl!! She doesn't like to be moved, touched, or spooked while sleeping.. and she really doesn't like Bronxe much at all :( she has upon occasion bitten me if i move her while she's sleeping.. she doesn't bite hard.. more of a "warning" she'll growl REALLY loud though, like "HELLO, PRINCESS IS SLEEPING HERE!!" she's a doll and a LOT of personality :) shes my baby girl!

tracey t

Lairian
gari-baldys worst habit is sitting on your knee while you pee!!!
he also chews his tail at the moment as has separation anxiety(on treatment)

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
After going through everyone's habits, i realize that bronxe does tha majority of ALL of these!!!!! LOL must be characteristics of the breed LOL or a breed standard LOL :)
My girls don't though... maybe it's a boy thing.

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
OMG! Teeka does that too! I have scratch mark/scars all over the ... 'lady bags'! I usually just have on a tank top while I'm hanging out around the house and when she launches (or lands), there's some 'skidding' involved and it usually all ends with me bleeding ... It was interesting trying to explain this to my Doctor at my last physical. :LOL:

Mine are now known as 'kitty bongos' as he has to climb all over them!!! Man does it hurt!!! It's not just me though ANY female who spends time at mine gets subjected to it!!

Other annoying habits include;

climbing ontop of the flat screen tv
'loving' my arm or my head...that gets stopped VERY quickly!!
Waking me up by tickling my bottom lip with his claw so he can get in the covers
Playing hard and chewing on my wrist
rubbing his face on my boyfriends face after he's eaten (personally i find this one quite amusing!!)

X

X

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Rupert's most annoying habit is "teleporting" onto my laptop from anywhere in the house. Orion's most annoying habit is when Rupert is sleeping, Orion will decide to challenge him to a duel. Really annoying at 2am! :Sleep:

Back