Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynxes in Baby carriers?

carakitty

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm just curious, with the close contact that the Sphynx craves, do you lucky ones who actually have a Sphynx ever use a baby carrier or other sort of carrier to help hold your cat?

I keep imagining a dinner making scenario and a persistant naked one not leaving its human alone

TotenEngel

Banned
lol, actually that's not a bad idea and may save my poor legs/back some grief!! Generally if Smeagol is being THAT persistant he will happily perch on my shoulder! (after jumping to around waist height and climbing the rest of the way!!!)

Gizzymom

Banned
I am proud to say that Gizmo is VERY spoiled and goes wherever his little heart desires!! However, he is older now and listens very well.:ThumbsUp:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Nudie doesn't use a baby carrier- she uses me:LOL: She likes to follow me around and when that's not good enough, I just carry her around in my arms:BigSmile:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's a good idea for kittens and smaller adults. I don't think it would work out too well with Pedda though, she's too big and it would probably give me back/shoulder pain. Luckily she enjoys being on me when we're sitting still and doesn't like being carried when I'm walking.

Gizzymom

Banned
haha actuly i was thinking of trying one of these

Pet a Roo - Front Carrier - Medium

kinda like a baby carrier, just seems easyer because Loki likes to snuggle, and speak to everyone when we're out. Although I might get some odd looks :LOL::LOL:

I use one of these for Gizmo.. The strangest look I got was when I brought him to Petsmart once when it was cold... I put him in the carrier and then put a baggy zip up sweatshirt over it. I looked like I was pregnant, but it kept him warm. I stopped at the grocery store on the way home - Gizzy stayed in my sweatshirt until we got to the checkout and he popped his little head out the top to see what was going on.... The cashier had a look of horror like... what is wrong with your baby!!?? I was just laughing... :LOL::LOL:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I use one of these for Gizmo.. The strangest look I got was when I brought him to Petsmart once when it was cold... I put him in the carrier and then put a baggy zip up sweatshirt over it. I looked like I was pregnant, but it kept him warm. I stopped at the grocery store on the way home - Gizzy stayed in my sweatshirt until we got to the checkout and he popped his little head out the top to see what was going on.... The cashier had a look of horror like... what is wrong with your baby!!?? I was just laughing... :LOL::LOL:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:What- she never saw an alien baby pop out before:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have a snuggly for Nofuratu and carry him around in it for long walks when Im not using his stroller. He loves just having his head peek out while we walk the dog, and after about 10 mins he dozes off. Its great for cold weather, compared to his stroller because he gets body heat.

ckutkuhn7

Banned

kinda like a baby carrier, just seems easyer because Loki likes to snuggle, and speak to everyone when we're out. Although I might get some odd looks :LOL::LOL:

I've been thinking of adding one of these to Snuffies Fashions except in a "sling" style. SoBe loves to sit in our hoodie pockets and go along everywhere with us. A over the shoulder/neck type Sling would be perfect!

ckutkuhn7

Banned

:Hysterical::LOL::Hysterical::ThumbsUp:

Bella07

Banned

I actually love that! Wow, I could so see the expressions (most likely of humor and horror) on people's faces when I go out, if I was carrying my Sphynx like that.

I've been thinking of adding one of these to Snuffies Fashions except in a "sling" style. SoBe loves to sit in our hoodie pockets and go along everywhere with us. A over the shoulder/neck type Sling would be perfect!

Now, that is actually a great idea too! This is what I am picturing...
Peanut Shell Reversible Carrier Sling - Large - Time for Tea
Somthing cute, stylish, yet completely comfortable for both you and your Sphynx.
My 2 current cats would never let me carry them like that....but, I'm sure that my future little sphynx would, if I got him used to it in the early in his kittenhood.
(Except, the $50 price tage just isn't calling my name!)

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That is cute- but expensive. Then again I've spent more on crazier things for Nudie- ahh the things we do for our sphynx:LOL:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Now, that is actually a great idea too! This is what I am picturing...
Peanut Shell Reversible Carrier Sling - Large - Time for Tea
Somthing cute, stylish, yet completely comfortable for both you and your Sphynx.
My 2 current cats would never let me carry them like that....but, I'm sure that my future little sphynx would, if I got him used to it in the early in his kittenhood.
(Except, the $50 price tage just isn't calling my name!)

Thats exactly what I've been thinking...Reversible is a great idea I hadn't thought of!!! I bet I can beat that crazy $49 price too - Wow!

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thats exactly what I've been thinking...Reversible is a great idea I hadn't thought of!!! I bet I can beat that crazy $49 price too - Wow!

ckutkuhn7 are you thinking about making these? If so I would like to try one. Since Nudie got spayed, I've been her personal transportation:LOL: It's a little hard to do chores with princess Nudie in the arms:BigSmile:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
ckutkuhn7 are you thinking about making these? If so I would like to try one. Since Nudie got spayed, I've been her personal transportation:LOL: It's a little hard to do chores with princess Nudie in the arms:BigSmile:

Yes!!! I'll make a prototype in the next 3 to 4 weeks. Maybe sooner. I'm currently on 3 orders, one of which goes out on Tuesday as it is done and the other two hopefully Wednesday, my zipperz are on back order and I'm getting really mad about it. I'd go get them somewhere else if I hadn't already ordered bulk and paid for them. Ya'll know who you are,,I haven't forgotten your orders at all!!

Anyhow, yes! These slings will be coming soon to your nearest Snuffie and SoBe's Fashions! :ThumbsUp:

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Seriously guys?
:Hysterical::LOL:

You don't need a strap on carrier for a cat, right?
Even if it is a Sphynx it's not a baby. :p

It's not like you can walk around town with it on so what use does it really have more than as novelty item at home?
If the cats crave being carried more than you wanna carry it teach it to stop begging and don't strap it in a harness. That's a bit too much Paris Hilton imo.
:Wink:

Would be fun to try and do post pics if you do plz but I doubt it's practical value or rather say that it doesn't exist hehe.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes!!! I'll make a prototype in the next 3 to 4 weeks. Maybe sooner. I'm currently on 3 orders, one of which goes out on Tuesday as it is done and the other two hopefully Wednesday, my zipperz are on back order and I'm getting really mad about it. I'd go get them somewhere else if I hadn't already ordered bulk and paid for them. Ya'll know who you are,,I haven't forgotten your orders at all!!

Anyhow, yes! These slings will be coming soon to your nearest Snuffie and SoBe's Fashions! :ThumbsUp:

Yeah!!! Let me know when they're available :BigSmile:

Seriously guys?

It's not like you can walk around town with it on so what use does it really have more than as novelty item at home?
If the cats crave being carried more than you wanna carry it teach it to stop begging and don't strap it in a harness. That's a bit too much Paris Hilton imo.

Would be fun to try and do post pics if you do plz but I doubt it's practical value or rather say that it doesn't exist hehe.

Nudie & I will gladly post pics in our new sphynx sling:BigSmile: Us crazy americans will do and try most things especially for our sphynx:LOL:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Seriously guys?
:Hysterical::LOL:

:Wink:

If my Sphynx BABIES want to be held and I need to use my hands, and I have the ability to make something that can accomdate that need then I'll do it!
I don't think its Paris Hilton at all.

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
If my Sphynx BABIES want to be held and I need to use my hands, and I have the ability to make something that can accomdate that need then I'll do it!
I don't think its Paris Hilton at all.

I do think the general view of this is that it would be though. :Wink:
A gf of a friend of mine have chi that she carries even on walks in a bag. Take it to a lamp post, put down the bag, dog goes out and sniff pole then go back in bag and off to the next pole.
Paris Hilton legacy to many chi-owners and I think many would say this qualifies a bit in the same category. That being said it is nothing that would hurt the nudies in any way though so no harm being done as long as it accepts it.
Cat's, dogs and babies for that matter don't hurt from not being carried now and then.
:Smile:

Gizzymom

Banned
I think it is much different for a dog cuz they do / will walk on a leash. Gizmo will only walk on a leash in our yard, so when I being him to the petstore, vet, etc. I carry him in a front backback or a sling. It keeps him secure, especially when I am shopping in the pet store. I used to just put him the cart until he lept out and onto a shelf one day, knocking over a bunch of products.

I like the idea! :ThumbsUp:

Bella07

Banned
A gf of a friend of mine have chi that she carries even on walks in a bag. Take it to a lamp post, put down the bag, dog goes out and sniff pole then go back in bag and off to the next pole.

Oh my gosh, that has to be THE FUNNIEST thing that I have heard in a while! :LOL::LOL::LOL: I am cracking up right now. I can SO picture it! :LOL:

Yes, and I admit it. When I get a Sphynx, I am buying a kitty stroller/cat sling, and when I take my dogs on a walk, my kitten is coming along with me! Some will call me crazy, especially since I'm in the city, but it's all about having fun!

carakitty

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am necromancing my own thread here to report that today I put Uber in my daughter's old Maya Wrap baby sling and he liked it! :happy:

I decided to give it a try since we had just been on the couch and he crawled right into my t-shirt! Absolutely no concept of personal space, I tell you! :ROFLMAO:

The wrap is made of a lightweight woven cotton so it gave just the right amount of extra warmth for inside snuggles with mama. When I got up to switch locations it still felt like my arm was wrapped around him which I think he enjoyed. After about 20 minutes (maybe less) he decided he had stuff to do and he crawled out to do sphynxie thingies.

Last edited:

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@carakitty personal space? After living with sphynxies for 3.5 years I have no idea what 'personal space' means anymore:). My crew loves to crawl in my hoody.

So cute Uber loves to be in the baby wrap!

Back