Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynxlair...In The beginning!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Sphynxlair members,

Just thought I would share the beginning of Sphynxlair with you all.

Heather and I got Leonidas or Leo from a breeder back in 2009 and instantly fell in love with Leo and the sphynx breed. We had many questions and there was literally nothing on the web or others we could share our thoughts, questions, pictures, stories and videos or anything meaningful about our wonderful baby Leo. He seemed more than just a pet so any old pet forum wouldn't do!

There were many pet forums but nothing just for sphynx, we have had pets but nothing compared to these wonderful creatures. There needed to be a place just for them and their owners to share this special feeling that happens when one of these companions come into your life, so Heather and I decided to start a site specifically about sphynx cats-hence Sphynxlair!

The "making" of the Sphynxlair cat!

A snap shot of the "Old Look" back in 2009.

Last edited:

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Everything has its humble beginning:ThumbsUp: So, what year was SphynxLair started?:Smile:

DoctorSpock

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What a huge difference and in only 2 short years! Love the new design!

Ickushouse

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It is so cool that you do this for us all. Thank you!

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Have started to post a few times trying to put into words what I want to say since this topic resurfaced, but no words seem to cover what I want to express. I have made amazing friends from (afar and in person) and have seen a support system like no other. The Lair is the epitome of positive energy and paying it forward...

patti

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Happy Birthday Sphynx Lair!!! We celebrate every day with you and our hairless wonders...thank you!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Sphynxlair members,

Just thought I would share the beginning of Sphynxlair with you all.

Heather and I got Leonidas or Leo from a breeder back in 2009 and instantly fell in love with Leo and the sphynx breed. We had many questions and there was literally nothing on the web or others we could share our thoughts, questions, pictures, stories and videos or anything meaningful about our wonderful baby Leo. He seemed more than just a pet so any old pet forum wouldn't do!

There were many pet forums but nothing just for sphynx, we have had pets but nothing compared to these wonderful creatures. There needed to be a place just for them and their owners to share this special feeling that happens when one of these companions come into your life, so Heather and I decided to start a site specifically about sphynx cats-hence Sphynxlair!

The "making" of the Sphynxlair cat!

A snap shot of the "Old Look" back in 2009.

[USERGROUP=2]@Registered[/USERGROUP] - I like to share this thread every year at this time to celebrate Sphynxlair's Birthday - Happy birthday Sphynxlair - 6 years old!

Last edited by a moderator: