Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynxlair website being updated!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
The avatars are round by default, I can make them square again, what is everyones thoughts?

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
If it cuts some off, then I’d go square. Especially if people have multiple cats and want in avatar. Less frustrating for people to find a pic that fits then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

admin

Administrator
Staff member
If it cuts some off, then I’d go square. Especially if people have multiple cats and want in avatar. Less frustrating for people to find a pic that fits then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Let's see what other think and go from there, i'm sort of getting use to it.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I like the circles and feel that it suits the look the new site better. That said, people can always reupload their avatars to account for the circle (it's what I do when I'm on a site that uses circles for avatars).

And thank you, @Toa and Ross! :)

I was wondering if we can have a sort of "hug" or similar supportive type emoticon to choose from when Liking.

Again, thank you for this great site. It's the only one I go to regularly.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I like the circles and feel that it suits the look the new site better. That said, people can always reupload their avatars to account for the circle (it's what I do when I'm on a site that uses circles for avatars).

And thank you, @Toa and Ross! :)

I was wondering if we can have a sort of "hug" or similar supportive type emoticon to choose from when Liking.

Again, thank you for this great site. It's the only one I go to regularly.
Yes I added the hug emoji in.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@admin thank you !

Also , I noticed when I copy and pasted a link to s lair thread there were hug emoji 's inserted in the text and on my signature ( like seen above in @Xandria signature)

Can you let me know how to correct it when I copy paste
Thanks !

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Yoda mom LOL, that's kind of funny actually, but yeah. We'll likely have to tinker with the signature in some way. I have ideas, but heading to bed now. xo

admin

Administrator
Staff member
@admin thank you !

Also , I noticed when I copy and pasted a link to s lair thread there were hug emoji 's inserted in the text and on my signature ( like seen above in @Xandria signature)

Thanks !
Can you please give me me an example of a thread link so I can see it in action?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
@admin thank you !

Thanks !
Can you please give me me an example of a thread link so I can see it in action?
I may have found the problem, please test it, the copy and paste and see if you still have the issue.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Lairians! As everyone can see we have the reactions back- hope everyone is happy with that feature coming back to Sphynxlair! We have other cool stuff coming down the pipe as well! push notifications! Which means you can get instant alerts on posts and threads right to your compatible device! Unfortunately Apple devices will not work as of now, its on Apples end until they get it implemented. However if your on a Mac desktop or laptop you can download the Google Chrome browser - its free and alerts will work on that browser on the Mac. So android lovers have an edge on us Apple users for now in respects to alerts! Enjoy!

Also we have video upload coming soon! Yes, upload video right from your phone to Sphynxlair! No youtube or third party application required! You wont be able to upload a full blown movie but a few minute clip will be available for you! :)

If your device is compatible with push notifications, you will get this message at the bottom of your screen.

Last edited:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I have turned on video uploads for Gold and V.I.P Lairians, I set the video uploads to a specific size, it would be short videos, let's see how it goes. You should be able to upload them right from your phone, I tested it and it did work, just attach the video as you would an image or there is a video icon as well in the editor, Have fun! ;)

Edit: if the video is too big it will not let you upload so trim it if needed or try to keep it about a minute? not sure how the setting is yet with the allowable size.

Back