Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynxlair's Halloween Costume Contest 2016

Pick your favorite Halloween costume!

• Chuckles

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Coal

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Bane

• Dill

• Archie

• Persephone

• Harris

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Sam

• Drogon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Godiva

• Jinx

• Tux

• Bean

• Lucifer

• Calcifer

• Fiona

• Nalah

• Musya

• Gatsby

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Max

• Opie

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Fluffy

• Claire bare

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Oh my....this contest is getting off to a great start! Jinx is chill-axing in those shades!!!

Saturday afternoon I saw my niece Emily (the official contest officiant who will be pulling the 2 names from the hat) she was so cute. She said she was so excited to be asked to do this, and she said "you do know I take this very seriously Aunt Patti. I have a question though, what happens if I pull the same name out twice ?" What a great question! So I will clarify for all of you as well. She will choose 1st place winner then 2nd place. If she draws the same name a second time, she will continue to draw names until a different name is chosen. A cat cannot win both first and second place. @admin, I am pretty sure you would agree with this.She also informed me she was not sure if the names would be picked out of a hat, or her plastic pumpkin she goes trick or treating with to get her candy lol.

Patti

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Ok Lairians, just a reminder you have just 1 week left to enter your baby in the 2016 Halloween contest. Your pic must be emailed to [email protected] by end of day the 23rd. It just takes one vote to get a chance to win. How many of you are still planning on entering? We are hoping to see a bunch come through this week! Hey newbies, join in the fun!

Patti

Trisha

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Lucifer! My little Devil <3
LuciDevil2.JPG
LuciDevil.JPG

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm feeling better from my cold now, so I have my agenda: Thursday night is spaw night, Friday I'll work on a few set pieces (read: get all my Hallowe'en decor, which I need to do anyway, from our storage locker) plus a special set piece that I REALLY hope I can make work, and then I'll be taking photos Saturday. Woot woot!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Oooooooh my head hurts!! More cuties joining the contest. How can I ever make up my mind how is the cutest??:).

Can't we go for more winnars in categories like:
Who is the cutest?
Who is the most mean looking?
@admin and @Catzzzmeow
And then we let Emily choose how's the most cutest:)

Just kidding, I love to see so many sphynx in costumes. What a great contest!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
@Toa and Ross lol they would all be winners if we could do it lol. We are trying the contest a bit differently this time in hopes more participate (so far we already have more enter than last Halloween) you know we all love pics! The contest this time is based on fun, sharing adorable pics and just getting one vote gets your name in hat for a chance to win. The more votes, the more chances. Cuteness overload!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Ok Lairians... just 3 more days to get your pics in of your baby in costume to be entered into the 2016 Sphynxlair Contest. I am doing my best to keep this thread alive and to remind all your entries must be in by midnight this Sunday the 23rd. Email your pic to [email protected] Then the poll closes and the voting begins. We are seeing a great turnout this year and hoping you all are enjoying seeing these cute/sexy/ghoulish/scary babies in costumes.

I know many contests can be a turn off for most as they are based on popularity of the member, quality of pic/props and how many friends and family vote for you. We have taken a new approach this year as a test and we decided to try something new and not just one winner but 2 winners!!! It is also not based on the number of votes, but your number of chances to be chosen. Every vote = a chance to win. At work I run all of my contests this way as it is not popularity/seniority contest but a genuine love of pics and adorable babies to earn a chance to win. Fair and square it's in the odds. My niece is so excited to be the to pick the 2 winners. I sent her a 5 question interview tonight and will post her answers tomorrow. She is honored @admin @ilovemysphynx, she informed me tonight she has school on the 31st so she cannot send me pics of the winning names until about 6:00 pm on the 31st before she goes Trick or Treating. She hopes to draw the winners from her pumpkin while in her costume for effect. She is over the top excited to be involved.

It's not too late too late to enter Lairians...send in your pics now!

Patti

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thanks, @Catzzzmeow ! I think the new way is great. It's very fair! And as you said earlier, everyone who participates is a winner.

Honestly, I just love everyone who participates and to see the pics. I mean... come on... more Sphynx pics? There can never be enough!

Ship 'em, boys and girls. Get your nakeds dressed up and snap some pics with your phone, a camera, a tablet... have fun -- that's the most important thing.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Love all the adorable costumes! Head smooches to all those sweeties!
Looking forward to more adorables!

****be sure to enter by emailing your photo to: [email protected] :)

October Halloween contest 2016 Deadline Sunday Midnight October 23 !

This year Two Winners names will be drawn from the Emily's pumpkin !

Tick tock! The Midnight Deadline is howling close!

Last edited:

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I asked Emily (my niece who will draw the 2 winning names of the contest) the following 5 questions. She is 8 years old and has been so happy to be a part of the last 2 contests:

1. Q...What do you love the most about helping with contests on Sphynxlair?
A. ..Seeing all of the cute cats

2. Q...What is your costume going to be this year for Halloween?
A... a Witch

3. Q...If you could dress your cat up for Halloween and take him trick or treating with you what costume would you want him to wear?
A... a mouse!
My reaction...that would be one BIG mouse lol.

4. Q...What is your favorite candy?
A...Kit Kat bars.
My reaction YEP I think this is a tell tale sign she is a crazy cat lady in the making

5. Q...Can you send pics of you holding up the names of the 2 winners of the contest?
A....yes but it will have to be when I get dressed up to Trick or Treat
My reaction...I will assume she will send me pics of the 2 winning names around 6:00 pm on the 31st.

Hoping to see some more entrants and there are 2 full days left to join in the fun.

Patti

Back