Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynxlair's Halloween Costume Contest 2017

Choose your Halloween contest kitty!

• Leon

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Bubbles

• Lyle

• Mr. Anatoly

• Chuckles

• Omri

• Max

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Astrid

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Leo

• Buck

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Claire Bare

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Guys, I am not trying to guilt anyone, just giving a heads up that times have changed and we need to roll with it. I am sure admin will post any new entries before the voting booths open. Emily asked me yesterday to show her the pics of the babies who have entered...She so funny. I got an ohhhh and an awwww. I wonder who will win lol.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
No guilt perceived, @Catzzzmeow . As you say, times are changing. Having said that, this should never ever dissuade people from posting seasonal costume or environment photos of their nakeds... or any other time. Next year people might wish to post their Hallowe'enized Nakeds in a thread devoted specifically to that subject. I hope I made some sense just now.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
@Xandria I totally understand...I have to say it is awesome this community is a go to place for info and support rather than contests. That shift speaks volumes of what this community has evolved into. I just don’t want the loyal contest entrants to be disappointed in the future if we do not do contests. I already have an idea brewing for 2018...and it stems from your surprise package you sent our crew. Hugs.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
And another!

omri.JPG

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Oooh new cutie is joining. And I read more are joining too. Can't wait to see all the pics.

@Catzzzmeow I love these contest, specially cause it also involves Emily! But I understand that it's changing and maybe we need to think about another way.
I still try to join but this is how my kitchen looks at the moment so kind of uuuh busy and messy:whistle:o_O

IMG_0434.JPG

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
@Toa and Ross ohhhh can’t wait to see the before during and after pics!!!!! Thanks for understanding about how times changes. When I first joined Sphynxlair we had an upwards of 30 members enter the contests. We have tried to revive them by not making it a popularity contest, but more about chances to win hoping that was the issue. I just don’t want members to feel it was taken with no idea as to why. To see less and less contests on social media it reiterates people just don’t have the time or desire to enter these days and that is fine. We still have a few days for members to enter, so we might see a last minute push :)

Patti

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Catzzzmeow -- You really hit the nail on the head with what you said. It delights me that this is THE place to come for Sphynx information anywhere in the world. The community here is very devoted and very helpful.. While contests are fun, they don't define the SphynxLair, which I think is important. But I do love the ongoing photography themes that you do every month..

@Toa and Ross – I am laughing hysterically at the state of your kitchen at the moment. What are you doing for food? How are you feeding the cats? LOL you MUST show us pictures when it's done.

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Just submitted Astrid's entry!!! Had to go with plan two... plan one didn't work very well Serves me right for being a brat lol Astrid hates my troll dolls so I was going to make her a troll (picture below) needless to say it didn't work very well. So I went all nerd on your guys with her actual costume which should be up shortly by admin :) (I'm not grabbing her neck, just holding it up)

IMG_4752.JPG

Yoda mom

Staff member
I hope we get more entries!
does not need to be fancy or a store bought costume ... just have fun :)

Hmm hmm @Catzzzmeow , I was hoping for a Myshka TP mummy pic :)
(Yes his partners in crime here worked on the roll again today! )

sphynxmoms

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Finally got a couple pics taken and sent one off to admin!!! Will make a post of a few from their photo shoot! Have to say Buck was a good sport...Pinky was pretty mad lol! He has this"angry purr" when he doesn't like something.. it's really loud and fast. We just laugh at him and tell him purrs are supposed to be happy:ROFLMAO::p:ROFLMAO:
Voting is going to be so hard!!! These babies are all soooooo adorable!!!:love::love::love:

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I see we had a couple of others say they emailed their picture to admin for the contest. Super. I just want to remind all the deadline to get your entry in is end of day tomorrow (Sunday) Then Monday the polls open for you to vote on which is your favorite. Also a reminder every vote equals how many chances you have to be randomly picked. The more the votes the better the odds of winning.

Back