Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynxlair's - Is that a FACT?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
What is the: Sphynxlair's - Is that a FACT game?

Why it's simple really. It's a @TAG game. You choose (@tag) a random or not so random member of the Sphynxlair community and request 10 facts from them.

Example @TAG request: @admin - please give me 10 facts within 24 hours!

The facts should/ can be a mixture of sphynx and human facts. OR just cat facts. It's up to the tagged members discretion of what they choose to share. Examples might be, what food or favorite snacks your kitty likes, where he or you live, what your favorite past time is, whether your a male or female, your favorite hobbies or workplace, what ever you want to share, the list goes on, be creative!

Once the member is @tagged they have 48 hours to respond to the request. Adding a picture of your kitty or you is a plus!

*After you have been @tagged, you must share your 10 facts and @tag another member to keep the tag game flowing. I will start it off. :)

Have fun!

Edit in rules:

New rule, if the "Taggie" OR the last "tagged member" doesn't respond in 48 hours - The administrator will choose.

FYI- for those who don't want to search through all the threads to se if a member has already been chosen, its easy to find if someone was "chosen" and replied by doing a simple "thread search." Go to the top of the forum > click the search bar >

Screen Shot 2015-01-08 at 5.14.19 AM.png

Then input search criteria. Choose "Posted by member" (input member name or first three letters/ digits) the "check" mark "Search this thread only."

search.png

Last edited:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
  1. I have two sphynx cats, Athena & Leonidas.
  2. Leo loves greenies.
  3. Leo gets the fuzzies during winter.
  4. I enjoy working on my 71 Chevy Nova.
  5. Leo and Athena love snuggling under the blankets with me while watching TV.
  6. Leonidas can fetch.
  7. Athena loves dry food over wet food.
  8. Leo is a beggar at the dinner table.
  9. I am married to @ilovemysphynx
  10. I have 2 kids.
@SphynxKid - please give me 10 facts within 24 hours! :)

Leo

My Nova
IMG_1404.JPG

Last edited:

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Oh no- good thing I read this!

1. My Fluffy was a rescue from a kitten mill, she had 3 litters of kittens.
2. I was kicked out of high school 2 times before I actually graduated.
3. I play in a professional handbell choir.
4. I work nights because I do not like to wake up between the hours of 5-7am specifically.
5. Moses got his middle name because when he runs, he looks like a deer - Pallideer.
6. I got out of jury duty forever because I told them I had a stroke and could not understand and process what was being said to me.
7. I had wanted a sphinx since I was 9 yrs old and got one within 6 weeks of moving out by myself when I was 23.
8. I was valedictorian of my college class and graduated with a 4.0 GPA (see #2.)
9. I am a badasss and ride a motorcycle with an "I Love My Sphynx Sticker" on it.
10. I hate folding laundry.

Moses and Fluffy1.jpg

christmas Party 1.jpg

I tag @curlysue for 10 facts in the next 24 hours.

Jen

Last edited:

curlysue

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ok, here goes nothing!!!

1. I just adopted a 20 year old Sulcata Tortoise
2. I was born legally blind and had 6 eye surgeries to see
3. I broke my foot in the 3rd grade by digging a hole in the sand at the beach and came out of the water and stepped in it.
4. I swam on the varsity swim team all 4 yrs of high school
5. The guy I dated all 4 yrs of high school is still my best friend and I was his best man in his wedding
6. The first dog I ever had I named Puppy Chow (ok, I was 2)
7. I have 11 tattoos
8. I am not a fan of Christmas but I love getting gifts
9. My husband and I have matching Kia Souls
10. I use to house sit for John Snyder of the Dukes of Hazard.

IMG_1329.JPG
yardi3.jpg

IMG_1213.JPG

Now it's @GizmosMommy to let us in on your 10

Last edited by a moderator:

GizmosMommy

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hmmmm let me see
1. I can touch my tongue to my nose.
2. I had my first baby at 18.
3. Married my high school sweet heart at 19 and we are still going strong.
4. I can belch and fart better than most men.
5. I have a mouth that would put most dock workers to shame.
6. I'm 32 years old and my mom still calls me her little peanut.
7. I put ketchup on my pizza
8. I snort when I laugh.
9. I've had the same best friend for 27 years.
10. I'm a huge horror movie fan.

Sorry I'm not more interesting lol...your turn @PrimateLove

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Ok, here goes nothing!!!

1. I just adopted a 20 year old Sulcata Tortoise
2. I was born legally blind and had 6 eye surgeries to see
3. I broke my foot in the 3rd grade by digging a hole in the sand at the beach and came out of the water and stepped in it.
4. I swam on the varsity swim team all 4 yrs of high school
5. The guy I dated all 4 yrs of high school is still my best friend and I was his best man in his wedding
6. The first dog I ever had I named Puppy Chow (ok, I was 2)
7. I have 11 tattoos
8. I am not a fan of Christmas but I love getting gifts
9. My husband and I have matching Kia Souls
10. I use to house sit for John Snyder of the Dukes of Hazard.

View attachment 53503 View attachment 53504
View attachment 53505

Now it's @GizmosMommy to let us in on your 10
Do you ever get your cars mixed up? And, was your mom pissed at you for breaking you foot? Mine woulda made me live with the broken foot for about a week before bringing me to the doctor.

Jen

Yoda mom

Staff member
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hmmm .. Here goes ...
1. I love my man and my adopted zoo here at our combined household "The Sanctuary"
Nakeds , Bengal, rotties, and an x drug dog Belgian Malinois
2. used to be a " Po-Po"(don't hate me :)) used to work work the detective/ gang unit pro act squad - before that a Limousine Chauffeur in New York
3. I ride a Harley FLHX street glide - I ride it to the beach and walk 5 miles as much as possible
4. I do not have any tattoos
5. I have piercings
6. I have lots of gargoyles in the yard and pool deck
7. I love to read poetry and quotation books - yes, books still exist :) showing my age!
8. I like to work out - still haven't tried Zumba - yet
9. I have had 3 back surgeries, 2 shoulder surgeries, knee , wrist surgery ( not bike related :))
10. Never had children - only children are my fur kids and nakids :)

Let's see @Catzzzmeow tag your it ! 10 fun facts in 24 hours w/pics! We love your pics!

Last edited:

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
1. Babas is named after our dear neighbor Joel Babas. Bald, wrinkly and a sweetheart...it just fit.

2. Hubby and I met in HIgh School 2 weeks before we graduated and have been together ever since.

3. Azura is named after a city in an X-Box game called Gears of War that hubby and I love to play together.

4. My in laws live next door to us (not by choice but let's not go there...lol) I told them I could take their window out with a rock if they were not respectful of our space...and I meant it.

5. My favorite vacation destination is Jamaica...we have been there approx 18 times I think.

6. I hate to drink plain water..I have to force myself.

7. Babas' favorite treat is potato chips

8. Jouët is named after the champagne and the "t" is not silent as most people think when you pronounce it. Zhou-et...She is often called Zhou-Zhou.

9. I don't like Christmas. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.

10. I like to cook but hate to bake.

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1418144823.501617.jpg
keeping positive thoughts for her scan tonight.

I know challenge @Timmy & the Twins you have 24 hours!

Last edited:

Timmy & the Twins

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thanks Catzzzmeow!

Here goes...
1. Timmy was named Timmy because he was very sick with an URI when we brought him home. His full name is Timothy Theodore Eugene (Eugene after his gandpapa)

2. Winston's full name is Winston Franklin Beauregard (My dad's uncle was named Beauregard and was teases endlessly and eventually changed his name to Bruce. This is for you Bruce! I think Beauregard is a distinguished name)

3. I am part of a dynamic duo! I am a Twin (hence Timmy's Twins)

4. I live at Higgins Lake with parents and twin sister (who is also my best friend) despite being 29 years old. I turn 30 in January! :jawdrop::ROFLMAO:

5. Timmy was our (my sister and I share ownership of our two cats) first Sphynx. :cat: We had a domestic shorthair tabby girl named Fuzzy who was my first cat. She passed away in January 2011. :(:cry:

6. Timmy prefers to eat crunchies whereas Winston prefers his wet food.

7. I love to watch TV and am a couch potato! There are too many TV shows I love I cannot pick a favorite if asked.

8. I like cats more than most people

9. I am part of a puppet group (rod arm puppets) and have practiced puppetry for 15 years! At one time I belonged to a large puppet group of 25 people. We traveled on tour throughout the mid-west (Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, Illinois and Indiana) performing Christian programs. I have performed at fairs and fests!

10. I have a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Sociology and Criminal Justice and am currently working as a Legal Assistant but my life goal is to start a non-profit organization and breed sphynx cats. "Cats Care" (or something like that) would be an organization to benefit children and adults suffering from depression and would pair each with a cat detailing a care routine. The idea is to give a sense of meaning and purpose along with companionship. Of course, it is just an idea and a dream right now.

I tag @gothicmist for 10 facts in 24 hours.

Timmy & the Twins

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

gothicmist

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
IMG_20141122_193235.jpg
IMG_20141109_200659.jpg
IMG_20140222_103327.jpg
IMG_20140925_171948.jpg

Hola! Thanks @Yoda mom for letting me know :) I am not sure I am super interesting but here goes.

1.) I met my husband on myspace. He tried to friend me 3 times before he broke down and sent me a note and I finally gave in. :)

2.) Spencer is our first sphynx we foundhim on craigslist and he once I emailed it turned out he belonged to someone I went to highschool with. His name was ET. We had decided to call him Gomez but I was so obsessed with criminal minds that hubby and I thought it was funny to call him Dr Spencer Reid because he had no hair not great hair like Matthew grey gubbler.

3.) I love candles. Love love love. I have to burn them in a glass box so the cats don't get them though.

4.) I was vegetarian for 9 years and then one day I just wanted a steak. So I had one. Totally freakes out my husband.

5.) I work for a medical collections company but I actually like my job. I work with the hospitals we collect for rather than calllomg people.

6.) I love blankets as much as the cats do. When we moved we had 20-30 blankets. And I am always buying throw blankets. Right now i have 5 on the sofa.

7.) I love rats. I have 4 males right now but at one point a few years ago hubby and I had 14. Their cages is three feet wide and almoat six feet tall. I learned to sew just to make them hammocks. I will probably never be without a sphynx and a rat.

8.) Leia is named after princess leia from star wars. My husband is part of the rebel legion. A star wars costuming group. They do a ton of charity and other awesome events dressed up as characters.

9.) I have donated to locks of love 3 times and am working on #4. Ibhave donated 18 inches, 14 inches and 12 inches.

10.) I love tattoos. I have 14. Including starry night tattooed across my back. But ive found it hurts more as you get older!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back