Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Spots on new baby Sphynx. Allergies or no?

Hi guys! I just welcomed little Cairo into my home. Naturally, I’m worrying my butt off about his health. I’m concerned about a couple things. First, he had these little red bumps (very small) all around his skin. They don’t seem to bother him, but they are noticeable. He also purrs frequently and I’m wondering how I can be sure he is healthy respiratory-wise... I’ve included a pic of the bumps.

Attachments

Yoda mom

Staff member
@itochterman , welcome to the lair family ! Happy Cairo gotcha!
Look forward to lots of pics and tales

Always best to do a wellness check with a vet .
Are you feeding him the same food amd usijng the same litter he had at his previous home/breeder

Some, skin issues can come from fabric softeners , change of food, litter perfume allergies ,shampoos, etc even so,e kitties are allergic to worlds best litter, corn based litter
Here is a great link
Sphynx Skin Conditions

A member recently discovered her kitty was allergic to gain laundry pods - she switched to Dreft laundry detergent and things cleared up
Many of us use Unscented litters too like Dr elseys I'm the blue bag , I found a close dupe for dr elseys at pets supermarket called fres for life odor destroyer in 40 lb bag for nearly half the cost ( with pet supermarket card And coupons )

I would try to think of anything thst has changed amd always recommend s vet check for peace of mind

Will be following for updates

Head smooches sent

@Yoda mom WOW, thanks for the heads up about Fresh for Life Odor Destroyer! Dublin uses Dr. Elsey's blue bag too. VERY pricey, but I've never smelled anything coming from his litter boxes. I'll try the other brand. JUST IN TIME! He's due for another bag this weekend :giggle:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Dublin Riis , fyi only the 40 lb bag of fresh for life odor destroyer I'm the black amd gold big is a dupe I found for de eleseys - the plastic bucket ome is not the same product

I got the store perks card amd they often have sales and 5 off etc with text alerts or google search the store name and coupons when I get to the store search plus sales - I usually pay $9 -$12 for 40 lbs . They have a new program too - $5 off in credit for every $100
So with food amd or litter every bit helps.
I had no chippie but to do an immediate change over since they were out of dr elseys.
It was well received with my entire crew without a problem . I actually think it clumps better amd I domt have small pieces falling off