Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sprinklers got him

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Holy cheese and crackers Batman! Butterball decided to sneak out into the yard again. I thought I'll just let him rummage in the yard for a few minutes and then..... the sprinklers came on. Butternuts freaked! He tried climbing a wooden fence and that didn't work so he went to the brick wall and that didn't work. I was chasing that little booger all over the yard. He was out in the sprinklers for a good two minutes. Finally, he figured out the patio was dry so he made a bee line for the patio and then for the door. What an ordeal! I felt sorry for the little guy after that so I got a towel and wiped him down and got him a blanket. Poor guy. Needless to say, he hasn't been at the door trying to sneak out since the "incident".

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Today shall always be remembered as ..........The Day the Lawn Fought Back!!!:LOL: lol, Poor Butterball

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm sitting here imagining it and laughing my butt off. Poor Butterball was traumatized lol.

susi794

Staff member
That might have been a life saving blessing---what if he snuck out sometime and wandered off or got hit or stolen or poisoned? It's GREAT that he doesn't try to sneak out anymore.
But it must've been a sight! LOL

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That might have been a life saving blessing---what if he snuck out sometime and wandered off or got hit or stolen or poisoned? It's GREAT that he doesn't try to sneak out anymore.
But it must've been a sight! LOL

I feel bad for Butterball because he stands at the door meowing wanting to go chase bugs. I'm an outdoors man so I let him wonder around the yard while keeping a close eye on him. But you may be right. He could bolt off in another person's yard and get lost or something. Fortunately the yard is fenced in so I don't think he could make it out to the street.

He has been really good about not running off but there is a first time for everything. I don't let him prowl, I'm constantly watching him.

wright878

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Do you ever have a problem with him eating grass? Everything gives my girl diarrhea. :Worn-out: We have horrible mosquitoes so I have been afraid to let Ab-ster out.

I would have loved to have seen you trying to catch Butterball! Poor little baby.

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Do you ever have a problem with him eating grass? Everything gives my girl diarrhea. :Worn-out: We have horrible mosquitoes so I have been afraid to let Ab-ster out.

I would have loved to have seen you trying to catch Butterball! Poor little baby.

Not at all. My old cat many years ago ate grass but Butterball has been grass free. Maybe his diet has the right vitamins so he doesn't think he needs to eat grass. Then again he used to it catnip so maybe that satisfied his grass urge. I thought about cultivating some kitty grass though.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
My kitty doesnt eat grass either..I even bought her cat grass from the pet store and the dumb thing died and rotted away. She didn't want nothing to do with it. She did rub her face on it a few times to itch a scratch! lol
It probably died because I can't grow anything that doesnt have a beating heart! lol

Back