Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Squeak Squeak!!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
:Woo::Dizzy::Woo::Dizzy: Oh my GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was sitting in the livingroom watching my morning news, drinking my morning Dew and I see Snuffie "STALKING" something and SoBe was behind her watching...I go to move forward so I can see around the fridge and the chase was on. A MOUSE ZIG ZAGGING AROUND MY KITCHEN FLOOR SCREAMING FOR DEAR LIFE! OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!! :Surprise:

It quickly retreated under the stove and as I stood on my couch crying I called Jimmy to hurry home to quickly exterminate the pest. I'm still freaking out, I'm sitting in the computer chair with my feet in the chair waiting on him to come home from taking his son to school. Snuffie and SoBe are of course sitting infront of the stove waiting for Mr. Mouse to come back out and play.

Snuffie has been hovering in front of that stove since we moved in and I feared there was something under there but I've been reluctant to pull it out and look and Jimmy just has been working so much I haven't bothered him about it.
Today he is off all day which means I'm bugging him about it!!

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I can't even go cook my breakfast now...He will be home soon - I'm so scared.

We have had a ant infestation since we moved in. We have had this place professional exterminated 4 times now, still have ants. The big ones went away, still have the little bitty ones...now there is a freaking mouse! I'm terrified he will pull the stove out and a huge pile of mice will dispurse on the kitchen floor! :Badly::Badly::Badly:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Oh I feel for you! We have had mice every winter but last year I poured one into the cat dish and I freeked out.

Inferno12

Banned
Ewwwww thats so gross. I would have done the same thing. My house was built in 1949 and I am just waiting for it to happen. All of my friends have problems with mice but I have been spared so far. I HATE mice

ckutkuhn7

Banned
No kiddin. I'm so glad ya'll understand.
Jimmy refuses to pull the stove out, he says it will just run out into another part of the house and honestly ,,,NO I don't want that either. So he through down some sticky traps...Hopefully he will venture into it and we can just put him outside where he belongs!!!
I got to thinking tho,,he was black,,and I dont remember seeing a tail!!!! Could it be a mole you think?!? ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww DOUBLE EW!!!

gizmo6370

Banned
:Woo::Dizzy::Dizzy: Oh my GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was sitting in the livingroom watching my morning news, drinking my morning Dew and I see Snuffie "STALKING" something and SoBe was behind her watching...I go to move forward so I can see around the fridge and the chase was on. A MOUSE ZIG ZAGGING AROUND MY KITCHEN FLOOR SCREAMING FOR DEAR LIFE! OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!! :Surprise:

It quickly retreated under the stove and as I stood on my couch crying I called Jimmy to hurry home to quickly exterminate the pest. I'm still freaking out, I'm sitting in the computer chair with my feet in the chair waiting on him to come home from taking his son to school. Snuffie and SoBe are of course sitting infront of the stove waiting for Mr. Mouse to come back out and play.

Snuffie has been hovering in front of that stove since we moved in and I feared there was something under there but I've been reluctant to pull it out and look and Jimmy just has been working so much I haven't bothered him about it.
Today he is off all day which means I'm bugging him about it!!

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I can't even go cook my breakfast now...He will be home soon - I'm so scared.

We have had a ant infestation since we moved in. We have had this place professional exterminated 4 times now, still have ants. The big ones went away, still have the little bitty ones...now there is a freaking mouse! I'm terrified he will pull the stove out and a huge pile of mice will dispurse on the kitchen floor! :Badly::Badly:

I'm sorry Christina...but i couldn't stop laughing reading your story:LOL:
You exactly described how i feel about spiders.....but i wouldn't wait in the house for help...lol :LOL::LOL:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
We have an indoor/outdoor cat who loves to bring a variety of mice, moles, and voles into the house for entertainment. Believe it or not I have gotten very good at catching them with towels and releasing them outside.

Bella07

Banned
I had the same thing happen to me last year! There was a mouse living in my kitchen for a few days. I was so freaked out, had men come over to my house to find the mouse, but they never could. He was hiding deep down in the cabinets somewhere I suppose. But, I KNEW it was under the stove at night time because one of my cats stood by that stove all night long....

Well, one day I came home, and found a dead mouse sitting on my dining room rug. And there my cat was sitting next to him proudly. (Of course I freaked out and flew out of the house!) Long story short, I bet he was starving for food, so had to come out, but my little girl killed him.

So, I feel for you! Rodents....ewwww....Good Luck!

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Rofl, I can sympathize with your mouse tales. Pedda isn't any good at catching them either.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I never have a mice problem at my house because my Siamese cat Reno is a really good hunter....he'll kill any small rodent, bird, or insect within a 50 ft radius. My sphynx cats are useless when it comes to rodent control, but not Reno! He's brought home dead mice, squirrels, birds, etc. He's so efficient, my boyfriend has dubbed him "The Great Grey Hunter" (he's a blue-point).

Now the ants, on the other hand, are a problem at my house. They are just too small for Reno to take much interest in killing them.

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My hairy cat is also a great hunter and has recently taken to slicing them up and leaving parts lying around. Once he left one draped across a rock outside the front door like a sacrificial offering.
Nofuratu stinks at killing mice. He just catches them and then brings them into bed and lets them go!
I wouldnt worry about the mice though....if you live in the city....once the mice realise they are being hunted they will go to the neighbors house.
You can also get those things that plug into the wall socket and emit either a sound or ultra sonic vibe..Im not sure .....but it humanely deters mice.
If you catch and release outside, they will just find a way back in.

Adventures of A Naked Cat

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Snuffie was all over the little critter. She acted like she wanted to bite him but I kept screaming and going nuts and so was the mouse and when she looked at me to shut up he got away! lol
She was mad but I didnt want her chewing on his scuzzy butt anyhow. lol
SoBe was strickly an observer!! lol

The critter has ate the bait food and escaped our ultimate plan to capture him. Proceeding to Operation Squeaker Bravo,,,bigger better sticky traps!! LOL