Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

STain under nose advise pretty please...

Spight

Lairian
So we've had Voldemort 1.5 months now. He's 5 months old. When we got him he had very weepy eyes and was sneezing constantly so we took him to the vets 3 days after him arriving. The vet said he had conjunctivitis and possibley a respiratory infection. We got eye drops to give him for 2 weeks and he had an injection. Things seemed to clear up fine. His eyes are still a little juicy and he seems to have good days and bad days with them. His sneezing has lessened but he still does it occasionally especially if he boops his nose or goes in a dusty place. He's also teething hardcore, he's got a little more saliva than usual. Mainly trying to use us as chew toys which we are training out.

Anyway I noticed a few days ago a stain under his nose and my partner thinks it's just staining from food but I'm worried it's mucus from his nose. It doesn't really feel wet or anything. I just wanted to know of anyone else had seen something like this. Ive tried cleaning it off with warm wet cotton wool to no avail. Will see if we have more success with his bath to tonight. He's going to the vet again in a few weeks for his spot on treatment so I think I'll ask for a full check up then.

20151130_120100.jpg

admin

Administrator
Staff member
So we've had Voldemort 1.5 months now. He's 5 months old. When we got him he had very weepy eyes and was sneezing constantly so we took him to the vets 3 days after him arriving. The vet said he had conjunctivitis and possibley a respiratory infection. We got eye drops to give him for 2 weeks and he had an injection. Things seemed to clear up fine. His eyes are still a little juicy and he seems to have good days and bad days with them. His sneezing has lessened but he still does it occasionally especially if he boops his nose or goes in a dusty place. He's also teething hardcore, he's got a little more saliva than usual. Mainly trying to use us as chew toys which we are training out.

Anyway I noticed a few days ago a stain under his nose and my partner thinks it's just staining from food but I'm worried it's mucus from his nose. It doesn't really feel wet or anything. I just wanted to know of anyone else had seen something like this. Ive tried cleaning it off with warm wet cotton wool to no avail. Will see if we have more success with his bath to tonight. He's going to the vet again in a few weeks for his spot on treatment so I think I'll ask for a full check up then.

View attachment 64001
You could try a bit of Coconut oil on those spots prior to his bath, let sit for a few minutes then wipe/ wash away, careful not to irritate the area if it is his natural coloring as @Hairless Blessing had mentioned.