Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

STANDING ON RADIATORS - DRY SKIN ON PAW PADS

BalthForbes

Lairian
My boy likes to stand on the radiators in the winter months (we live in a cold country!)

I’ve noticed his paws are getting flaky and dry which I’m assuming is from the radiator heat? Has anyone else ever seen dry flaky paws on their sphinxes?

I’ve used coconut oil to moisturise his paw pads, but I was wondering if you had any tips on how to keep him from standing on the radiators?

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My boy likes to stand on the radiators in the winter months (we live in a cold country!)

I’ve noticed his paws are getting flaky and dry which I’m assuming is from the radiator heat? Has anyone else ever seen dry flaky paws on their sphinxes?

I’ve used coconut oil to moisturise his paw pads, but I was wondering if you had any tips on how to keep him from standing on the radiators?
Fellow UK resident here too. My Rankle also does this and gets burn scabs on his body if he comes into direct contact with the radiator. I've made a couple of thin fleece cushions which I keep on any radiators he can get on top of. That way he can still soak up the heat but his sensitive skin is protected.

Sheldon13

Staff member
That’s a great idea.

I’d also encourage you to purchase a heated pet bed. Hopefully it would draw him away from the vents.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need