Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Gesundheit

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
There's a movies thread, somewhere around here, but this is special. The new trailer aired, last night, during the Monday Night Football game. My team had already played on Sunday, so this was the only reason to watch. I hope it ran at the stadium for all in attendance.

So, anyone else on the hype train? My husband doesn't get excited over much, our housemate is driving the locomotive, and I'm dangling my feet off the end of the caboose. I've already been burned by the prequels, so I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than get my hopes up and be disappointed, again.

assibassi

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
i canta wait to see it !!! I am a huge Star wars fan, I wouldn't dress like it, but love watching them. Oh we dress our Greyhound like those huge white machines ... lol . I was trying to find a Ewok costume for my CC that would fit but couldn't find one yet . Our sphinxes always dress one will be a devil and one will be a pig or a flower ! lol

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Massive fan here. I don't mind trailers, but Hubby has a huge NO trailer policy as he remembers everything he sees and if a particular moment in a trailer doesn't end up in the cinematic release, it drives him crazy (his brain sits there and waits for that moment).

Any way, this trailer gave me the chills and I can't wait. I've been disappointed with most of the Star Wars films (except for SW, Empire, and the first half of Jedi; all was well until the Ewoks showed up and the less said about Jar Jar the better and don't even get me started on what they did to Boba Fett).

But I'm a little hopeful that this one will be in the flavour of the original with all the trimmings of today's movie making tech.

Gesundheit

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I considered not watching the trailers, but I have this cynicism that suggests this will be the only fun part (thanks, Failogy). I also remember the episode of SG-1 when a major character was killed. They hinted at it being O'Neill, but he's shown giving Carter a hug in the episode's preview. When Carter arrives in the gate room enraged and in tears, I was pretty sure that O'Neill was all right, because that hug hadn't happened, yet.

bluejay1919

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I loved the latest trailer. I'm a big fan of music and I pay attention to the score in movies. It can make or break it. I'm so pleased with the score in the trailer. Quite moving and chill worthy!

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Ooookhhhhhhh!!!!!! I can't wait either. I grew up on Sci fi. Thanks to my Dad and Grandpa. I am intentionally not reading rumors about the film because I want to be surprised. Can't wait for the fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Gesundheit

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh, I know. I wish I could avoid all the talk, but I'm too steeped in info. At least I can focus on the fake rumors, instead. Like the real bad guy being Jar Jar Binks, vowing to avenge Anakin, or C-3PO being the new hermit in the desert. Can you imagine what all that sand would do to his circuits without proper maintenance?

Gesundheit

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sounds like there will be a dearth of Slave Leia merchandise following the movies release. This pleases me. I wouldn't be so against the metal bikini if there were equal parts Hoth, Bespin, and Bounty Hunter Leia.

bluejay1919

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am excited they brought the original three back. And how nice it is to see them in their natural aging. In the trailer, Princess Leia doesn't look airbrushed and neither does ol' Harrison Ford. I did notice Leia is embracing someone with a very sad look on her face, hmmmm....