Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Stargates and Cat Wheels

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I saw in another thread that people were wondering if there were alternatives to the OneFastCat Stargate. Did a quick search and found some articles which may be helpful to some:

A few other wheels:

Cheers.

And... just because...

Mommy, when are you going to buy us a wheel so we can get our yayaz out?

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I have looked at this wheel for a long time...and I just don’t see our crew using it due to their current habitual routines/exercise patterns. I enjoy seeing those babies loving it. @Yoda mom great info.

Will continue to buy our crew things they will use the most like sunny seats/ beds lol. I know our lazy babies will enjoy hours of lounging compared to minutes of running lol.

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I have looked at this wheel for a long time...and I just don’t see our crew using it due to their current habitual routines/exercise patterns. I enjoy seeing those babies loving it. @Yoda mom great info.

Will continue to buy our crew things they will use the most like sunny seats/ beds lol. I know our lazy babies will enjoy hours of lounging compared to minutes of running lol.
This is me too. I'm planning for the bird feeder next. That's their speed.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Xandria @kibaspirit et al lookimg for alternatives to the one fast cat wheel

I emailed my breeder I adopted from
She had good things to say about the Ferris cat wheel by Ziggy Doo
Free shipping Canada and USA with notation on the site about international availability.
always suggest contacting the company directly with any questions

Last edited:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bailey21 oh no! I saw you mention the one fast cat wheel cracked! Where ? I have to go look at mine ...

Did u call customer service ? Mention they did send replacement parts to another member amd it appears to be an issue? :(

Imy Claire Bares first mum has the ziggy doo in her FB videos
Tagging @Duglynukem where did Cleo’s OFC wheel break twice? Let us know your customer service experience Thank you

Please attach pics of broken parts

Last edited:

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I saw in another thread that people were wondering if there were alternatives to the OneFastCat Stargate. Did a quick search and found some articles which may be helpful to some:

A few other wheels:

Cheers.

And... just because...

View attachment 91515

Mommy, when are you going to buy us a wheel so we can get our yayaz out?

Awe them little sad faces wanting a wheel mummy how can you deny them anything lol ..
I’d love one more for Bagins to burn some energy ! But we just don’t have the room .. my mike ( hubby ) said our youngest grandson would love one ah ha
Xxx❤️❤️❤️❤️Xxx

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bailey21 and all with the one fast cat wheel :

I was so upset to see the mentions of the one cat wheels breaking :(

So I just called customer service to express my concerns .
I have several K9Ballistic dog beds as well as the exercise wheel sold by the same company .
The customer customer service has been stellar when placing my dog bed orders .
They even sent me out a whole set of new cat wheel track pads when my binitial order had one pad bent a little .

@Bailey21 I just spoke to Danielle amd told her i was upset with the mentions of broken cat wheels .

*** she told me as long as it was purchased within a year it is under warranty
and they will take care of you “no problem” she said

****please please call the company and take pics of the broken part

Anyone with broken parts I would appreciate you sharing them here too .

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Yoda mom unfortunately I'm past my one year warranty :( I purchased my wheel last year in March. It would be an easy fix for mine, I believe its just the side 'slider' piece is what is broken. They're only $6 each, or even less when you purchase more at a time, if I were to order 5 of the sliders, they go down to $3 each. I was a little disappointing to see that I could only purchase the cheetah/leopard replacement track pads, I guess that color is the only one they're selling to Canadians. When I added the pads to my order with the sliders, shipping bumped up to an extra $15 compared to just the sliders, which I found odd because I've ordered them before and they only come in a little plastic sleve, no box or anything.

I'm very much considering purchasing the Ziggy Doo wheel as I read a lot of fantastic reviews today on facebook, as well as on Instagram (really heavy duty plastic, stable) I've heard its MUCH quieter then the OFC wheel, although double the price. I do like that its wider, so two kitties are able to run on it at one time, if they cooperate with each other lol!

I still love my OFC wheel, but I'm worried if its already broken once in the few months we've had Raven (she REALLY runs on it) that it will keep breaking every few months from her heavy duty use. Its also started squeaking quite a bit from the wheels, do you grease yours at all?

EDIT: I just seen your previous post asking where it cracked. Let me see if I can attach a photo of where it cracked. I noticed it was making a funny sound when Yoda was 'trotting' on it, like a cracking noise.
dsc00081_side_track_reversed_1.jpg
One of these has a crack right where it would connect to the adjoining one, and a second section like this has come loose. There's a little gap in between the two pieces now. I can take a photo when I get home from work!

Last edited:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bailey21 Did your call and ask if they can make an exception since it sooo close to your purchase date ? Explain otjers havomg issues too? Perhaps they can waive or discount the shipping ?
I have not greased the wheels but ... I hear it sounded different at 3am :( have to take a closer look ) if it is broken I will call them too .

I will also be looking at the ziggy doo! I am not on FB or IG so you will be my eyes and ears om the ziggy doo

Can you share a pic of the broken area ?

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Yoda mom I rarely use FB either, but I was able to google Ziggy Doo reviews and it brought me to a fb link which I was able to click and then search through reviews. I’ll post one that made me really consider switching.
3374f042c2fc7f5990c29f957802fca7.jpg
cfef92378ab20acc6c8753cd9091a44c.jpg

I’ll be able to post a better photo of the crack once I’m home. I could try and call them, I’m a terrible negotiator lol! I’m such a push over I just accept the no and move on. Usually I get my mom @denise irwin to call and do my complaining for me since she works in customer service !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bailey21 lol I would have mum make a call ... it can’t hurt since many of us will prbdvlynbe jumping ship amd they many want to consider retaining customers

I just looked at ziggy doo... Reading warranty page .. 1 year , does not include wheels or pads :(
Dang for the price I would think wheels would be covered the first year

Replacement pad “sale “ $38 USA

I have to look more into this
Thank you for the FB review pic

Hugs n head smooches
Will be checking Toby’s stargate with a flashlight!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bailey21 outof curiousity I checked the roller blade wheel prices set
They are not in stock !

I would definitely call the company and ask about warranty and parts availability
as well as what if the rails crack ?

Lol you could ask mum to call and Inquire ?

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bailey21 I was going to call ziggy doo with some questions but ....
there is no phone number ... for customer service is an email
With a call back
From their site :
  • Mailing address: ZiggyDoo Cat Boutique, 180 Creswell, Beaconsfield, Quebec, Canada, H9W 1E9
  • [email protected]
  • Phone: please send an email and we will call you back

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Yoda mom I emailed to ask about the partial payment and this is mainly what was responded : “To use the Partial Payment option – you use the voucher code “PARTIAL-PAYMENT” during the checkout process when you order your wheel.
This will have you pay 40% to place your order – yes you can use credit card

I then send you by email a second separate invoice for the remaining balance which you can pay off as you wish.
Once the balance is paid – I then prepare to ship out your wheel to you.”

So you don’t actually get the wheel until it’s paid in full.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bailey21 thank you for researching the details and sharing details
I am om the fence for the cost amd omly have a ome year warranty too amd the wheels are not in stock amd pads $40

Would like to see reviews comments about newer g5 model

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Yoda mom perhaps this link may be helpful I only read a couple but it seemed like there was quite a bit of reviews.

I also emailed Elizabeth again to inquire about replacement skatewheels as the website says they're no longer in stock. She advised me that " I always have those on hand ready to customers to order as needed. "

Last edited:

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Yoda mom I'm finding myself very tempted to purchase the Ziggy wheel today. I noticed today now that they don't ship out until July 7th, so a 3 week wait if ordered now. Did you manage to find any helpful reviews on the newer G5 version?

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bailey21 @denise irwin yah! Purrfect plan!

Very excited for reviews amd pics!

I did check my OFC wheel inch by inch with a flash light and no cracks to date
Of course Toby tried to run on it while I was inspecting lol

** I do wonder if the One fast cat wheel is more prone to cracks depending if on s hard service vs . Carpet ?

I can’t wait to see if your crew zooms om Ziggy Doo together !
And your mums babies Go Go Go! Om the OFC
Tick tock til new stargate gotcha

Last edited:

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Just an FYI for all, a friend of mine on IG just received her One Fast Cat wheel yesterday, and unfortunately she said 10 of the pieces arrived broken! The side track that connects on both sides were broken. Thankfully she was able to still assemble it, and the parts will be covered under warranty but she will have to wait for them to come back in stock and then ship out. Hopefully OFC can redeem their quality back to what it was when I first purchased mine last year. I would've been so disappointing if mine arrived broken.

Back