Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Started buying lottery tickets.... promise

Klcklc1285

Lairian
Maaaan. I was just reading someone’s post about havingbto rehome their sphynx due to financial reasons . Uggghhhh that really freaking blows. I got some free time right now and I decided that I am going to write a post and tell y’all what I did on my way home yesterday and just cent to pass the darn time. I’m waitjng on a phone call from Dr office... my hubby and I have been doing fertility treatments and today was my blood test to see if our IUI worked. Uuughhhhhhhhhh waiting is killing me. I hope I’m pregnant... one because I want to be ... two because I DO NOT WANT to do this another round of this crap. Like at all. Soooooo sick of it. Sooooo dick of the waiting game. Lol. All this is just my random thoughts and stuff popping up in my mind that you kind folks are gunna have to grin and bear and put up with lol. Anyways... seeing all these posts about the rejoining sphynx due to Financial reasons really blows. Really gets me down. I get soooooo frustrated with the costs of things these days and all the corporate greed. On my way home last night I stopped and bought a lottery ticket. Didn’t win..... whomp whomp whoooomp. But I got to thinking and I told myself... I’m gunna stop and get a lottery ticket once a week from now on... If I ever win.... I would help soooo many people who were struggling to take care of their pets. Obviously their kids too but you guys know what I mean. I can’t freaking imagine having to get rid of one of my babes.
Prolly being waaaay too forward about finances here but we live paycheck to paycheck here at my house. We have a nice small middle class home in subdivision .... we don’t have cable... we don’t do hardly anything extra (I’m serious. Like nothing). We add water to the empty bottle of laundry detergent... shake it up to get one more load... we go out to eat maybe once a month and usually get water to drink to keep the bill down... and we STILL struggle to make it and get behind. My husband (who is not an animal lover like me) haaaates how much money I spend on my cats. And compared to most people ... ours is cheap. A long time ago Gretta (my first and favorite sphynx) got real sick. I’m talking SICK. She looked awful. Like a skeleton I tried everything. Raw diet.... antibiotics.... had a ton of tests done.... we were so freaking broke. I can’t tell you how bad money was It was awful. But my Gretta is like a child to me. I’m not kidding. I would go to jail over her (even tho she can be a royal B!!!) i don’t know how we ever made it through that but now Gretta is healthy (too healthy.... she’s huge...) From behind she looks like she swallowed a cantaloupe. I wish so badly I could help the people on the posts that have to rehome due to finances I’m gunna get a lottery ticket once a week... and if I ever hit it... I’m gunna take care of all the sphynx momma and daddies on here. My arms about to fall off now... but I feel better.

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Maaaan. I was just reading someone’s post about havingbto rehome their sphynx due to financial reasons . Uggghhhh that really freaking blows. I got some free time right now and I decided that I am going to write a post and tell y’all what I did on my way home yesterday and just cent to pass the darn time. I’m waitjng on a phone call from Dr office... my hubby and I have been doing fertility treatments and today was my blood test to see if our IUI worked. Uuughhhhhhhhhh waiting is killing me. I hope I’m pregnant... one because I want to be ... two because I DO NOT WANT to do this another round of this crap. Like at all. Soooooo sick of it. Sooooo dick of the waiting game. Lol. All this is just my random thoughts and stuff popping up in my mind that you kind folks are gunna have to grin and bear and put up with lol. Anyways... seeing all these posts about the rejoining sphynx due to Financial reasons really blows. Really gets me down. I get soooooo frustrated with the costs of things these days and all the corporate greed. On my way home last night I stopped and bought a lottery ticket. Didn’t win..... whomp whomp whoooomp. But I got to thinking and I told myself... I’m gunna stop and get a lottery ticket once a week from now on... If I ever win.... I would help soooo many people who were struggling to take care of their pets. Obviously their kids too but you guys know what I mean. I can’t freaking imagine having to get rid of one of my babes.
Prolly being waaaay too forward about finances here but we live paycheck to paycheck here at my house. We have a nice small middle class home in subdivision .... we don’t have cable... we don’t do hardly anything extra (I’m serious. Like nothing). We add water to the empty bottle of laundry detergent... shake it up to get one more load... we go out to eat maybe once a month and usually get water to drink to keep the bill down... and we STILL struggle to make it and get behind. My husband (who is not an animal lover like me) haaaates how much money I spend on my cats. And compared to most people ... ours is cheap. A long time ago Gretta (my first and favorite sphynx) got real sick. I’m talking SICK. She looked awful. Like a skeleton I tried everything. Raw diet.... antibiotics.... had a ton of tests done.... we were so freaking broke. I can’t tell you how bad money was It was awful. But my Gretta is like a child to me. I’m not kidding. I would go to jail over her (even tho she can be a royal B!!!) i don’t know how we ever made it through that but now Gretta is healthy (too healthy.... she’s huge...) From behind she looks like she swallowed a cantaloupe. I wish so badly I could help the people on the posts that have to rehome due to finances I’m gunna get a lottery ticket once a week... and if I ever hit it... I’m gunna take care of all the sphynx momma and daddies on here. My arms about to fall off now... but I feel better.
Hello love ! Well firstly wow I thought I was the only one who wrote random threads going in all different directions and off on tangents ah ha ha.
I proper loved reading your post ! And though it had the serious side to it . You made me smile and I needed a smile this morning !
I know just how you feel when you get up set over peoples down falls , I am just the same ! It would be amazing if we could help everyone who is struggling and going through hardship . Life can be so unfair ,
I hope by now you have had that call you were waiting for and I hope your results were positive ! You’ve a big heart love and I can tell lots and lots of love to give
Xxx❤️❤️❤️

Klcklc1285

Lairian
Hello love ! Well firstly wow I thought I was the only one who wrote random threads going in all different directions and off on tangents ah ha ha.
I proper loved reading your post ! And though it had the serious side to it . You made me smile and I needed a smile this morning !
I know just how you feel when you get up set over peoples down falls , I am just the same ! It would be amazing if we could help everyone who is struggling and going through hardship . Life can be so unfair ,
I hope by now you have had that call you were waiting for and I hope your results were positive ! You’ve a big heart love and I can tell lots and lots of love to give
Xxx❤️❤️❤️

Awwwww. I love ur post. Thank you so very much!!! I got the call... not pregnant.... uuuuggghhhhhhhh another round of IUI. I’m telling y’all ... my Gretta is controlling this somehow because she knows a baby will take away some of her attention! Lol.

Dublin Riis

Lairian
You're not alone living from check to check @Klcklc1285 I'd imagine if people had privy to my personal spending they'd wonder why I'd own not only one Donskoy, but TWO! I managed to scrape money together for the 2nd one....JUST BEFORE CHRISTMAS! That only means one thing: friends and family will be cheated out of pricey gifts this year all because of my LOVE for animals, particularly the Donskoy breed. Somehow, I don't feel guilty about this and I'm happy with my decision. I love my pets and give them the best care possible. Everyone is up to date on shots and no one misses a meal. I'd be one step away from being homeless before I give either of them up. I feel terrible for the owners who have no choice in the end

Sheldon13

Staff member
I'd be one step away from being homeless before I give either of them up.

I know exactly what you mean. I have often said if my apartment catches fire and I only have time to grab one thing, I will be found outside in the cold, naked as a baby, holding my Ellie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sheldon13

Staff member
Guys I'm with you, giving up my babies would be the worst thing for me.

I would like to help @SphynxNamedNERO financially so she can keep her babies. Please message me.

That is awesome of you. If I were in the position I would do the same thing. Some day I want to be rich so I can help all the kitties on Sphynxlair!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back