Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Starting a Nudiest Colony in Louisiana

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am proud and just a little over joyed and excited to annouce that after much talking and meeting it seems Harley and Sambo will have some new play mates come Sunday.. I started about a month ago talking to a lady who had three lovely Sphynx cats that she was looking to rehome...After having many people to talk to and chose from, she called Tues to arrage for US!!!:ThumbsUp: to be their new home. I am so excited Two are Black (one with green eyes and one with blue eyes.) there is also a Red one with Green eyes. I am over joyed with the prospect of adding three more SPHYNX to our home...:BigSmile: Wonder what the Negibors will think of my Nudiest cat colony here is small town Louisiana..We might make the local gosip wire ....:LOL:

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thanks we are very excited and counting down the days till sunday...I can't wait to welcome three more lovly nude babies to our home.. I can live with the gossip. It will give others a break. My kids are jumpping up and down and trying to decide which one is sleeping with wtich kid. My oldest even did her viedo report for science class on the Sphynx cat. I was so proud of her...it was really cool..:BigSmile:

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thats awesome!:BigSmile::ThumbsUp: I am so happy for you! Cant wait to see pictures of the sweeties in their new home!....How Great!

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thanks. they acutally have their pictures on the adoption site here. But I will be posting plenty of pictures as soon as we get them and they get comfotable. This is gona be a big adjustment for them. I just want to make it easy on them. My Boss even gave me two days off to stay with them to help(he is like the worlds bigest animal lover, I think he has picked up and brought home every stray in two parishes:BigSmile:) so I am ready to make my new babies as happy as my other two are here with us....:BigSmile:

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thanks. they acutally have their pictures on the adoption site here. But I will be posting plenty of pictures as soon as we get them and they get comfotable. This is gona be a big adjustment for them. I just want to make it easy on them. My Boss even gave me two days off to stay with them to help(he is like the worlds bigest animal lover, I think he has picked up and brought home every stray in two parishes:BigSmile:) so I am ready to make my new babies as happy as my other two are here with us....:BigSmile:

Congrats! :ThumbsUp:

PitRottMommy

Banned
Good lord, 5?! You're right, what WILL the neighbor's think of your nudist colony (perhaps maybe that you're related distantly to Brooke?! lol).

Brooke

Banned
Good lord, 5?! You're right, what WILL the neighbor's think of your nudist colony (perhaps maybe that you're related distantly to Brooke?! lol).

I think this means I can start looking at the rescue sites again, right? I've gotta keep up! :LOL: j/k

No, really, Harley, I've been following that thread with the three kitties and knew you were being considered. I'm so glad you're getting them! She took a lot of time and consideration to place those 3 into a good home, and it really says a lot about you that you and your family were chosen. :Smile: Can't wait to hear how they adjust to their new home...

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:LOL:it is possible...Think Brook has kin people here? Who knows will have to check my geneology papers, I can go back to the 1400's so I might find her after all...:LOL:

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:LOL:Don't worry Brook you are safe, I am done...Think My husband would kill me if I wanted anymore, (he already can't sleep in the bed due to the cats runniing him out. Harley and Sambo swat him if he gets to close to mommy). Thanks. She had alot to consider and plenty of great people to choose from. I was overwhelmed that we got them..:ThumbsUp::Laugh::BigSmile: My Husband has even decided which one he wants to bond with...He's converting quickly:LOL: I am happy we were chosen, but I know what a hard decision it was for her and how her heart must be breaking at the thought of rehoming her babies.. I am gona make sure she gets to still see them when she can and send her pictures often. She is such a sweet lady and my heart breaks for her..I just want to make this as easy for her and the cats as possible..

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:BigSmile:Thanks....We are very Blessed...I am so excited I'm like a kid at christmas waiting on Santa Clause...Only he has Sphynx in his bag this time...I am so excited to discover their diffrent personalities, likes and dislikes....Looking forward to finding out what our new sleeping arrangement will be like with five cats in a king size bed...Heck two run my husband out..Five he just might litterly become a couch poto...wondering if Harley will share his fav. two spots(under my arm and at my waist...Don't figure anyone wants Sambo's spot at the top of my head, but he does love to find hidden Sphynx in the covers and lay on them(luckly they are the same size)....:LOL:I can't wait to be able to show you all the pictures and to take the first one's of the bonding and sleeping together as a family:ThumbsUp:

CoolSphynx

Lairian
LOL! It's going to be a blast when they all find their place. It may help to get some Feliway plug-in diffusers (not the spray) to help calm everyone during the transition. Brooke has had experience introducing her nudists with Feliway...

Will they be coming by plane, train, or automobile?! let the countdown begin!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats on all the sphynx.
I have been following that thread.
You know some of our sphynx could be related.
I know some that are related to Cleo.

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:ThumbsUp: they are coming by Automobile and will arrive in 2 days and approx. 5 hours...:LOL: Guess that shows my excitement..My Husband his even getting them a special treat to welcome them. I will try the air pulgins and see if it helps. We decided it was best to start them in my daughters room, so Harley and Sambo won't get mad. and let them easy their way into the rest of the house. :BigSmile: Thanks for the great tip. I am so excited I have not been sleeping much just waiting on them... My family is over excited. My father (is in a wheelchair, paralyzied from the chest down) saysd yea!!! Im a jungle gym for a few more, but at lesast they keep me warm.....(they love playing with him). So which ones are kin to Cleo? I did not even think about that, cause I don't show them or breed them. Just play and love them. Thanks again for the support and advice...I really appreatite it:BigSmile:

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's awesome! You're definitely gonna have to tell us how your first night goes with all five sphynx babies. :) Good luck with your new members of your family!

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We will do...I can hear it all now, Harley and Sambo sitting at my daughters Door wanting in and her trying to figure out how to sleep with the three of them whlie having head phones stuffed in her ears listening to God knows what. and me up and down all night trying to get Harley and Sambo back in their room and checking on the other three to make sure my daughter has not Squashed them or made them def from some loud teenage rock music...:LOL:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
We will do...I can hear it all now, Harley and Sambo sitting at my daughters Door wanting in and her trying to figure out how to sleep with the three of them whlie having head phones stuffed in her ears listening to God knows what. and me up and down all night trying to get Harley and Sambo back in their room and checking on the other three to make sure my daughter has not Squashed them or made them def from some loud teenage rock music...:LOL:

:LOL: sounds like our house when we had max I had him in our daughters room!
She was so mad, and the music :Hysterical: What the heck!

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:LOL:Yep my Husband has already told me home the cats are music lovers or living with our daughter is gona be a test of will for them.....The good thing is maybe if they don't like the music they can talk her into changing the station with a good swat(since there are three of them and they aren't (nor never will be) declawed)..:LOL: I think they will survive they night before they move up to KING HARLEY'S bed with his companion SAMBO:Cool: This will be new....Who know's I might get that Photo me and Brook were talking about, if I tell them pose or else yall all have to sleep with that loud teenage music again....:LOL:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Brittney has some cats that have the same sire as Cleo[.
Hey nothing wrong with counting down the days.
I did that both times.
A year ago I did not have any sphynx and now I have 2.
Have fun with the newsphynx.
Cleo and Wrinkles are very different in shape and style.
Cleo hates Wrinkles also./COLOR]

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:Sweat: Now I am worried? What if she feels the same about Sambo or Harley???? I do so hope they all get along like Sambo and Harley do...I was worried about how Sambo would take to them? He is a little territorial...Harley I don't think will care he loves everyone and everything...Sambo is just a little stand offish at first, but usually comes around quickly...I will have my fingers crossed all day. Praying they take to each other with ease:Sweat:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Even if they hiss at first they should get along later on.
I wish Cleowould like her already.
She still is hissing and growling.
When you get the new sphynxs?

Brooke

Banned
:Sweat: Now I am worried? What if she feels the same about Sambo or Harley???? I do so hope they all get along like Sambo and Harley do...I was worried about how Sambo would take to them? He is a little territorial...Harley I don't think will care he loves everyone and everything...Sambo is just a little stand offish at first, but usually comes around quickly...I will have my fingers crossed all day. Praying they take to each other with ease:Sweat:

I think it'll all be fine! As you know, I adopted 2 more a few weeks ago. It's been a struggle - especially with Nelson (the new boy) and Walter (the old boy) getting along. For the first few days, they could not be near each other without the claws coming out. Now they get along fine as long as I'm in the room with them. I still separate Nelson when I'm not home just to be sure no one gets hurt, but its getting better every day. ...and I'm pretty sure my problem has to do with the fact that Nelson was just neutered and still has a lot of testosterone in his sytem...

I rarely hear stories about cats that don't eventually learn to get along. It just takes time!

Back