Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Stealing little sphynx

ktate88

Banned
Niles has just discovered the kitchen counters...:Dizzy: I said before I got him he wouldn't be allowed up, but this seems to be much harder than I expected.

Last night I went to do dishes, and my scrubbing pad was gone. I found it next to his new toy.

This morning I'm getting out of the shower and I hear a funny noise. I had put a Greek pastry on the counter to thaw out and as I peek around the corner I see homeboy carrying the to-go container it is in. He proceeds to jump off the counter with it before I could get to him. Luckily it all stayed inside!!

And now my other sponge is gone...

:LOL::Hysterical:

Hahahaha! What a little thief!

My Amaryllis will steal socks and bring them downstairs in the living room. I kept getting on hubby for leaving socks in the living room and he kept saying "It's not me and why would I leave just one sock?" I had some laundry in a pile that was going in to the wash and all of a sudden I see a little pink streak runing through the house with a sock. I had found my culprit!

Maybe he is stealing the scrub pads because he wants to help do dishes! :LOL:

Gizzymom

Banned
LOLOLOLOL.... It's a riot, isn't it?? I can't even get mad when Gizmo steals cuz it's just too funny! The best caper Gizmo pulled off was me finding the metal kitchen sink drain plug (the big one that spins to lock it).... in my bed!!!!!

I almost died laughing!!! :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I think this is where they got the term "Cat Burglers":LOL::LOL::LOL:
Nudie isn't quite big enough to get on our counters yet but I k now it'll be a challenge when she can. I love all the many adventures of Niles - hey maybe you could start a blog "Niles Big Adventures":LOL:

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
LOLOLOLOL.... It's a riot, isn't it?? I can't even get mad when Gizmo steals cuz it's just too funny! The best caper Gizmo pulled off was me finding the metal kitchen sink drain plug (the big one that spins to lock it).... in my bed!!!!!

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

ktate88

Banned
My Amaryllis will steal socks and bring them downstairs in the living room. I kept getting on hubby for leaving socks in the living room and he kept saying "It's not me and why would I leave just one sock?" I had some laundry in a pile that was going in to the wash and all of a sudden I see a little pink streak runing through the house with a sock. I had found my culprit!

Maybe he is stealing the scrub pads because he wants to help do dishes! :LOL:

hahah, I had a dog that used to steal socks. I'd find clean ones all wet after being chewed. Poor hubby, getting blamed for Amaryllis! But has he ever blamed anything on her?

I wish he WOULD do the dishes! I work to feed us, can't he at least clean house??! :Wink::ThumbsUp:

The best caper Gizmo pulled off was me finding the metal kitchen sink drain plug (the big one that spins to lock it).... in my bed!!!!!

LMAO, that is awesome! Great job Gizmo hehehehe

Nudie isn't quite big enough to get on our counters yet but I k now it'll be a challenge when she can. I love all the many adventures of Niles - hey maybe you could start a blog "Niles Big Adventures":LOL:
Be warned-- it is hard!
I do enjoy his adventures, and he loves his outings. We went to Petco last night-- he was a hit. I thought about getting him a carrier like Gleek, but I feel sure Niles will protest very loudly!!

You are going to have to lock up your sponges!
No joke! I was trying to figure out how to do this while keeping them in the sink...:Hysterical:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
No joke! I was trying to figure out how to do this while keeping them in the sink...:Hysterical:

Good luck with that. My old boy Zulie had a real 'thing' for nylon body scrubbers that I hung off my shower caddy. I don't know how he would do it, but he had a knack for getting them down and unraveling them.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Our Athena is a sock hunter her self, I have yelled at hubby and the kids or leaving socks all over only to find Athena carrying one in her mouth one day to bring to her pile she had of odd socks. I have a thing with sock that have no mate it just drives me crazy.
Delilah our boxer is the sponge eater when we first got her I could not figure out why the heck my sponge was always gone, then one day I was scooping up poop in the back yard and well guess what? I found them:Badly:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
The only thing my kitties take off with are papertowells or napkins. If we leave one laying about unattended they will get at them and rip them apart and scatter them about the house - its funny to watch but annoying bending over 20 times to pick up parts of the same paper towell!!! lol

TotenEngel

Banned
When Lazarus was a baby he also had a real thing for the sponges from the kitchen sink! We used to get through them at a rate of knots!
Now we have him understanding that we dont go up on the kitchen sides, Smeagol has decided that our set of drawers is actually just a convenient set of stairs for him to climb up, allowing him access to every counter in the kitchen!

ktate88

Banned
Delilah our boxer is the sponge eater when we first got her I could not figure out why the heck my sponge was always gone, then one day I was scooping up poop in the back yard and well guess what? I found them:Badly:
Sounds like my "other children", 2 weimeraners. When picking up tennis balls in the yard one day I found multiple laundry sheets ala poop.

Now we have him understanding that we dont go up on the kitchen sides, Smeagol has decided that our set of drawers is actually just a convenient set of stairs for him to climb up, allowing him access to every counter in the kitchen!

Oh yes, Niles finds the cute little stool to be an excellent launching pad to the counters... :ThumbsDown:

fezmarie73

Lairian
Ducky also steals the sponge from the sink!! I came home the other day and found it on the floor next to his other toys...

He found a box of toothpicks today while I was at work - the fancy kind with the cellophane tips that people have for sandwiches. I got home and there were toothpicks randomly strewn across the loft. One even in my bed! :Shok:

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Cats aren't allowed in my kitchen anymore without supervision. If I am not home to supervise they are locked in a different part of the house. I got sick of my bread being eaten through the bag. Cereal knocked off the fridge, cubboards scratched up. Paw prints on my table and counters. I just think its gross as they step in the litter box then on my table. Um no.

ktate88

Banned
Niles most recent thievery... nail scrubber brush and my makeup brushes. Maybe he wants a "spa day." If I have time the next time he does this I think it will become bath time :Wink::Wink::LOL:

I got home and there were toothpicks randomly strewn across the loft. One even in my bed! :Shok:
I hope you found it before you laid down!! :Wink:

Cats aren't allowed in my kitchen anymore without supervision. If I am not home to supervise they are locked in a different part of the house. I got sick of my bread being eaten through the bag. Cereal knocked off the fridge, cubboards scratched up. Paw prints on my table and counters. I just think its gross as they step in the litter box then on my table. Um no.
Niles isn't allowed on the kitchen counters unless I put him there to trim nails or clean his put. When i catch him up there rarely he gets a water squirt if I can grab it in time. Bathroom counters are fine. I still wipe mine down once a day just incase he had an adventure while I was gone...

holly_savage

Banned
All these stories are making me giggle! Our girls aren't really thieves, they are more of knocker-downers...any small object left on the table or counter is fair game!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Yea, Snuffie is a knocker downer. When she is bored and wants to play and we are absorbed into a movie or something, she'll come to the side table and knock off whatever happens to be there that she can reach. lol So then....it makes me play with her.
OR,,,when the alarm sounds if I don't sit right up and get up she will knock stuff off the headboard or scratch at my head like its a litter box...that usually works since I hate my hair getting knotted up!!!! lol
I'm trained well!

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My guys haven't stolen anything as of yet, but Orion is our counter surfer. I don't mind them climbing up on book shelves, computer desks and such, but not my kitchen counters because the thought of kitty litter toes plus food prep area makes me :Badly: I have a squirt bottle in the kitchen area and will give him a few shots when I catch him up there and he HATES it. I've been thinking of using the 2-sided tape attached to a poster-board and then putting it up on the kitchen counter/stove when we are not home so it is unpleasant for him. I am pretty sure that 2 sided tape has saved our couch, they HATE the tape.

Back