Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Stepping up to say HI to my fellow Sphynx lovers!

aud1ami

Lairian
I was excited to stumble upon this site yesterday -- it's always great to find other people who understand my addiction!

I am a life-long cat lover, and learned of the Sphynx breed from a coffee table book of cat breeds when I was a little girl. It was love at first sight, and I craved one of my own. It would be many, many years before I was able to fulfill my dream of being mommy to a bald kitty. Three years ago, I was finally able to adopt my first Sphynx, Anejo. One year later, we adopted his little sister, Bacardi. They are demanding, impertinent, bratty and an absolute joy. Only other Sphynx families can understand what special little creatures they are, and how they completely take over your life.

My partner and I cannot imagine life without our bald babies, even though it would mean furniture with no claw marks and an end to litter on the bottom of our socks. We're actually working on potty training them using the Litter Kwitter -- keeping our fingers crossed on that one, as Bacardi is addicted to scratching in litter before she goes potty! She shows her displeasure of a decrease in litter (part of the process is to gradually reduce the amount of litter) by pooping on the floor!!! :tinysmile_angry2_t:

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Aud

Moonstone

Lairian
Hello Aud, nice to meet you trhough this forum !

I hope Bacardi will finally accept the new litter !

I don't know this litter, I will look for information !

Moonstone

Lairian
after research I already eard about this litter...

Actually at home we only have one WC for 3 persons and 6 cats !!!
lol

I don't want to wait more than today to go to the toilets !!!!!
;-))

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome, love your story and glad to see that dreams do come true!:tinysmile_grin_t:, My husband created this site and I must say at first I thought he was A bit crazy, but I love it all the people are great and we can all talk about our little special sphynx, and we all can relate to each others story, and also learn something new.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to Sphynxlair Aud,
Im glad you found us! I hope you enjoy the site and please , we all enjoy pics, videos and stories, so if you have em keep em coming! Any how I hope your kitty litter mission is succesful. Good luck!
Thanks for joining Sphynxlair!:tinysmile_twink_t:
p.s. My couch is a scratching post too!

Brooke

Banned
Welcome to the forum!

I toilet trained one of my "furry" cats many years ago - it only took him about 2 weeks to get used to it, but he would only pee in the toilet, so I had to keep a litter box for his "other stuff". I think if I had kept training him, he would have eventually used the toilet full time, but I moved into a place with just one bathroom, and got tired of having to move the trays out every time I went in there!

If you can persevere through the training part, its great not to have to mess with litter, that's for sure. Now someone needs to figure out how to train the kitties to flush!

aud1ami

Lairian
The weird thing is that my oldest kitty, Anejo, was the one who took to the toilet training like a pro!! He was the one who would use the litter box "backwards," i.e. his rear end would hang over the side of the box when he used it! I was convinced we would have trouble with him, but no, he LOVED having less litter. Turns out he never really cared for covering his business in the first place! My very neat and clean baby, Bacardi, on the other hand ..... she had a big problem with not being able to cover her poo. She loves having plenty of litter to clean up with, and she was not happy when we changed the routine. Anejo was pooping and peeing in the toilet like a pro -- we were all the way to the smallest ring, right before they were just using the toilet seat, and he was THERE!! But we had to back all the way to the beginning because Bacardi would not poop on the toilet. We're frustrated, but what can we do? She runs the house and she knows it!!!! :tinysmile_classes_t

I'll post pics of them using the toilet soon.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
welcome Aud. I'm actually going to try to teach my kitty to toilet train. I've ordered the kit and pray it will work. Luckily Meecho is totally lazy about covering up. Actually after she goes she comes to get me so I can clean it up for her. I think I'm teaching her some very bad habits on how to be demanding. :tinysmile_cry_t:

aud1ami

Lairian
Your kitty actually sounds like a prime candidate for toilet training, if our experience is typical. Good luck!

I tried toilet training years ago with a couple of furry kitties. This was before there were commercially available toilet training kits available and it involved using saran wrap over the bowl of the toilet, then putting litter in it!!! :tinysmile_aha_t: I probably could have made it work, but at the time I had only one bathroom, and it was just not working out, as you can imagine.

This time, I'm determined. Hopefully Bacardi isn't equally determined to stick with litter!

Back