Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Still looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avasmommy

Lairian
A chance I had at possibaly becoming a new home slipped through my fingers. Just wanted to remind all of you that I am still looking for a sphynx! I was/am willing to drive 20+ hours (I know, crazy me). :LOL:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Don't give up! 20 hours gives you a good area to cover so I am sure a sphynx will turn up when the time is right.
Oh and about the 20 ours, I must say your are a better person then I am that is one heck of a drive.

Avasmommy

Lairian
I write this with tears and a heavy heart. I have 2 sphynx who are my pride and joy, but circumstances are forcing me to give them up. They are spoiled rotten and such lovers. They are both fixed and about 3 years old. Both "nude/fawn" colored, with the female being lighter in color, almost white. Here is a little about each and their history with me"

Chewie: Chewie was listed on Craigslist and I adopted him a year and half ago. He was my first cat and perfect since I have bad allergies to cats. He has been such a great cat. He is vocal and lets you know when it's time to scoop the litter or feed him, and he jumps into the tub to let you know when he wants a bath. He came with that name, named after Chewbacca. LItter trained, Feline Leukemia and Heartworm negative, and on interceptor monthly.

Posh: aka Poshie: Posh is a sweet little girl. She is much smaller than Chewie and a little more timid. I adopted Posh off of Craigslist less than a year ago. When I adopted her, she had a bad upper resp. infection and was very underweight. She is about 3 years old as well. She is now much healthier and cuddly. She still has some issues with sneezing and sounds "stuffy" all the time, but the vet said it is most likely scar tissue from having untreated URIs. She is feline leukemia and heartworm negative. One "bad" thing about Posh, is that if there is a pile of clothes or a towel on the floor, she will use it to urinate on. She is litter trained, but likes to go on soft cloth for some unknown reason. Since I haven't had a lot of experience with cats, I do not know how to stop her from doing this. She has "stud-tail," which is black-head like spots on her tail. She does ocassionally get dry skin, but I resolve this with coconut oil. She is on monthly interceptor and doing great.
Please let me know what to do and how to do this, as I want them to go to wonderful, forever homes and to someone with experience with the breed or willing to learn. I want the best for my babies and I know this group can help me out. My situation is that my home is in foreclosure and is being "sold" January 6th, so I have only a couple months to move out after this happens. I am moving in with my fiancee, but he will not allow cats in his home. It is hard to have to choose between him and my babies, but if I move to the apts I checked into, I couldn't bring them there either. I am SO heartbroken and not sure what to do. Thanks for any help!

I am located in Southwest Michigan.

Thanks,
Jeri Leigh R.

This is the e-mail I received. Just waiting on a phone call now.

Bella07

Banned
Good Luck! I hope that these may be your two new bundles of naked love. If not though, then your perfect sphynx(s) are still out there waiting for you.

Avasmommy

Lairian
Im not too excited about the girl. Im not sure if the person who owns them is willing to split them up or not. The male sounds perfect, but if the female were to pee on some laundry, the husband would go POSTAL! So we'll see. As far as the drive goes, its only a 16 hour drive. A day there, a day back. Unless the owner would be willing to meet half way, then for me I would only have to go to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area of MN. Then thats just an 8 hour drive there, and 8 hours back, so I could do that in a day.

Gizzymom

Banned
Im not too excited about the girl. Im not sure if the person who owns them is willing to split them up or not. The male sounds perfect, but if the female were to pee on some laundry, the husband would go POSTAL! So we'll see. As far as the drive goes, its only a 16 hour drive. A day there, a day back. Unless the owner would be willing to meet half way, then for me I would only have to go to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area of MN. Then thats just an 8 hour drive there, and 8 hours back, so I could do that in a day.

If she only pees on laundry, just get a hamper and make sure to use it :ThumbsUp:

I would hate to split them up... Going to a new home AND losing your sibling...:Cry:

Avasmommy

Lairian
Very true. Our daughter will be 3 this month. So the whole laundry works when she wants it too. lol. I wonder if she has a thing for beds and bedding? Still waiting on the call.

bellasmom

Banned
I would get them both! You never know... you might be able to break her bad habit or she might not even do it at your house! Just keep the boxes CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN and you might not even have an issue.

Avasmommy

Lairian
Very true. Im just waiting on the conformation to see if this kitty works out or not. If he does, I will be closing this thread.

JeriLeighR

Lairian
Hi, this is the owner of the 2 cats. Sorry I haven't called, it's been quite hectic here with work and moving and stuff. I plan on calling you when I leave work today. I am hoping to keep them together, as it's hard to give them up and I would love for them to at least have each other. The female doesn't go on beds, just on clothes or like the bathroom rug, anything soft on the bathroom floor at my house. I don't know how she was at her old home, as she is a rescue. Let me know what you think. I will hopefully chat with you this evening.

you're not crazy for driving so far. i drove 12 hours round trip/non-stop to northern CA to get my first boy. sadly he passed away in '09 at a very young 4 years old.

i got my new boy from carrie in Jasonville, IN this past September. i flew out to IN from CA to get him and that was a fun 16 hours adventure... & for him i would do it all over again without regret... so i know just how you feel. :)

she is really awesome and he is even more awesome. i know another lady here in CA that purchased a female kitten from carrie around the same time i got *T* and she is as happy with her choice as i am.

here is her website:Home - Lifes Better Naked
call her - you can ask her anything.

good luck! & keep a weary eye for scammers... there are some very unscrupulous breeders and pet owners out there. before i met carrie i bought two boys from a local 'breeder'. i wanted to rescue a cat - one that really needed a home... and i contacted her about a little boy that had a damaged eye. after talking to her for a while about him i lost touch with her for a bit and when she finally retuned my emails she said he was sold already but she had two little boys that were both blind in one eye. she told me all about them (originally i was only looking for one cat but i felt guilty splitting up brothers that sounded dependent on each other) and i decided that since they wouldn't be able to find a home i would take them. i should have known something was up when i wasn't allowed to meet them first or even come to her house. so strike one! her story was they were moving and the place was a mess so she would meet me somewhere near my house to drop them off. it only got worse from there. i brought them home... well first thing to note... when i picked them up they had scratches all over their faces (she told me was because they had just been neutered and had the cones on for a while so scratched their faces like crazy when she took the cones off... i shrugged it thinking i made sense... i had my dog in a cone once and he did the same thing when i took it off except that he had fur so it didn't damage his face. strike two for my stupidity! so i have them at home for a few days and thought they were crazy quiet for two kittens... then i started to notice that they were trying to talk to me... but they couldn't get sound out... just like heavy breathing instead of a meow. so i booked them an appointment with the vet... STRIKE THREE... the vet took one look at them and told me that they are blind because they have feline herpes and they cant meow because they have a massive URI and gave them both a shot of antibiotics and a rx for more antibiotics and another medication for their eyes to prevent a secondary infection of the eye. then explained to me that they would need to be medicated for the secondary infections that were likely to occur because the herpes had weakened their immune system. i was floored! and horrified! and pissed! and devastated! i called her and texted her and emailed her and she ignored my calls and messages and emails for days. after much ado she agreed to take them back... i have a female sphynx and she is healthy and i couldn't risk them spreading anything to her. i felt horrible about giving them back but it wasn't a risk i thought i could take with my little girl. by the time i took them back to her (not at her home - she had me meet her in a Petco parking lot) they could meow and had become more active and talkative and their eyes had stopped watering and they had stopped incessantly rubbing them. i told her everything and offered to give her the vets info. she denied any wrong doing and said they got the URI from my cat... right? my cat has never been sick. she refused to give me the money for the vet bills and said i was lucky to get their adoption fee back. what a loser. sorry to be so long... i really meat to keep it short... i just want people looking to know the horror that i went through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back