Stinky butt | Sphynxlair

Stinky butt

Discussion in 'Sphynx Cat Questions?' started by kalliee129, Dec 19, 2009.

1. kalliee129

kalliee129Senior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $368.02
    Ratings:
    +55
    Ok this is going to sound so bad and lame but I have to know. Meechos butt stinks!!! Like really bad. She gets plenty of baths and I wipe her butt with baby wipes but that odor they release is just awful. This morning she walked by me and I swear it was bad enough to knock me out. Took her straight to the bathroom for a shower and really scrubbed at her butt. Does anyone else have this problem or is my nose just really sensitive?

2. PitRottMommy

PitRottMommyBanned

Sphynx Bucks:
    $322.00
    Ratings:
    +286
    Try having her anal glands expressed the next time you're at the vet. It's very uncommon, but this could be precisely what's causing the odor.

3. Maggies mommy

Maggies mommyV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $1,028.16
    Ratings:
    +471
    Maggie has the same problem ewwwa I always use baby wipes to clean her stinky butt I also put baby powder on after. But anywase ur not alone!!! I had the vet look @ her anal glands & they squeezed them but nothing came out, so it wasn't that. Her butt smells like cheese alot rotten cheese:Exclamation:

4. heather

heatherV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $396.00
    Ratings:
    +462
    I wish Sophie cleaned her bum better! Sometimes she does well for a while then slacks off. My nose is sensitive and sometimes its worse than others but not terrible. When my parent's dog's anal glands act up that is horrible!

5. Brooke

BrookeBanned

Sphynx Bucks:
    $39.00
    Ratings:
    +440
    Walter always had a stinky butt until I switched him to raw food. Now? ...no smell at all! And I'm so glad, because he's always sticking his butt right in my face. :LOL:

6. ilovemysphynx

ilovemysphynxAdministrator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
    $6,040.16
    Ratings:
    +3,086
    • Fish
    • Dragon fly
    • Candy
    Sounds like this could be A problem with some kind of yeast infection? Not so sure just my opinion.

7. kalliee129

Sphynx Bucks:
    $368.02
    Ratings:
    +55
    Well I'm about to make Meecho an appointment at the beginning of January for her shots and have them take a look then too. It's weird because it's not all the time it's just when she sticks it in my face on purpose and starts her wavy tail dance. I had heard that cats put their scent on you and maybe because Midnight had hair I didn't notice it as much, but I seriously think if we dropped Meecho down in Iraq when she is letting that scent out the war would over quickly.:LOL:

8. Maximus

MaximusSenior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $306.00
    Ratings:
    +44
    Scrotie's but really stunk when he was little and he always had to put it right in my face. I thought I was destined to have a stinky butt cat but since he has gotten older I haven't smelled it!:ThumbsUp:

9. Annabanana

AnnabananaLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $286.00
    Ratings:
    +24
    Peach has stink butt too, really bad. I used to work in grooming so I took her to the tub and tried the anal gland thing but I have never had a cat either at home or at work that needed anal gland help so who knows. Nothing came out and I am.. a really good anal gland squeezer. No, definitely not proud of that LOL

She is a very active "marker" though. I also think it has to do with her change in diet, I dont know what she was on before but if she was on raw and I switched her to kibble cold turkey (its grain free, organic, the best I can afford) and that would DEFINITELY do it. So I am waiting to see if I just have a stinker or if her belly works itself out ;) crossing fingers

10. georgehairlesson

georgehairlessonSenior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $476.00
    Ratings:
    +70
    Could it be gas? George has gas A LOT!

11. kalliee129

Sphynx Bucks:
    $368.02
    Ratings:
    +55
    naw it's not gas unfortunately and I'm pretty sure it's not her diet because she didn't always have this problem. I think she just likes to mark me and her particular marker is very memorable:LOL: It's been so cold here I haven't had a chance to get her in to the vets. I have a really warm bunny suit coming soon and I will feel better about bundling her up to take her out. I figure right now it's not such an issue but it is funny to see everyone in the house walk by her and call her stinky butt:LOL: I swear she heard my dad call her that and she purposely went up to him and stuck her butt in his face and did the tail dance so I know she was letting it loose:Laugh:

12. georgehairlesson

georgehairlessonSenior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $476.00
    Ratings:
    +70
    This made me laugh so hard!

13. pinupcats

pinupcatsLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $397.00
    Ratings:
    +21
    Sounds like "marking" to me as well. If her diet is not upset - which is sounds like it's not - and her anal glands don't look impacted - then it may just be her natural "odor" that smells. I had a male who's butt area would get brown and almost "greasy" looking. He was also very fat and not very good at cleaning himself. So I started making sure his butt got a good cleaning each day and I would follow it up with some butt cream and sometimes an antibactrial cream. It helped a great deal. Putting a little baby powder on there as someone else suggested is a good too.

14. Sam lewis

Sam lewisV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $6,018.17
    Ratings:
    +735
    • Bear
    • Butterfly 1
    :LOL::LOL::LOL: This is exactly what Mo does! He has such a clean pink little 'ring' for a few weeks then all of a sudden he will start slacking off! I will say Mo will you clean yourself up, your bum stinks and it doesn't look pretty!'

15. Sam lewis

Sam lewisV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $6,018.17
    Ratings:
    +735
    • Bear
    • Butterfly 1
    :LOL::LOL::Hysterical: Oh dear rotten cheese, thats enough to make you gag! Mo doesn't get that, he usually just has an odur of poop surrounding him when he's 'been' :LOL: Which isn't pleasent!