Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Stomach rumbling & gagging

tessblack

Banned
I recently changed my kitties food to Blue wilderness dry food and my male Tux has had some stomach rumbling and also a bit of gagging. Not full gagging but just the start. I mixed the food with the old food but for the last 4 days it has been all the new food. Should I keep him on it or should I change it. I had them on advantage & Royal Canin before but her stool was always loose so I changed it. Her stool is better but now he seems like he is having some issues.

Any help would be great just a bit worried.

Thanks
tess:Sad:

Brooke

Banned
I recently changed my kitties food to Blue wilderness dry food and my male Tux has had some stomach rumbling and also a bit of gagging. Not full gagging but just the start. I mixed the food with the old food but for the last 4 days it has been all the new food. Should I keep him on it or should I change it. I had them on advantage & Royal Canin before but her stool was always loose so I changed it. Her stool is better but now he seems like he is having some issues.

Thanks
tess:Sad:

I'm not sure what you mean by "gagging"...does he do it while he's eating his food or after, like he's going to throw it up but doesn't throw up, or is it more like he's gagging while he's eating?

If your girl was having soft stool on the Royal Canin, she's likely sensitive to corn or wheat, and that's why she's doing better on the Blue Wilderness (I had the same issue with Nelson - he can't tolerate anything with corn in it).

tessblack

Banned
Hey Brooke

No he is fine when he is eating it is just sometimes you will see him gag like he is going to throw up but nothing comes out. It is not a full on gag either just one burp/gag. Sorry I can't explain it better but he has not thrown up or anything yet. He seems fine because he is eating, playing, purring. This morning I was getting ready for work and it was quiet and I heard his little stomach make some noises. I just don't know if I should change the food or give it some more time. It is almost finished. I may buy a small bag and see how it goes. I was also thinking he may have chewed or swallowed something.

Thanks

tess

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
We use Science Diet and have never ever had any problems with it so I am not much help in the food department except to say always do A slow switch.
And I love the last picture the arm thing is too cute!

tessblack

Banned
We use Science Diet and have never ever had any problems with it so I am not much help in the food department except to say always do A slow switch.
And I love the last picture the arm thing is too cute!

Yeah that pic was to cute, just need to photo shop them into a car at the drive in!

susi794

Staff member
I do raw diet, so am no help with the dry food department either--but also wanted to say what an absoluteld adorable pic that was too.

PitRottMommy

Banned

Pumpkin not only firms the stool (which I generally recommend it for, in most cases) it's also very gentle on the stomach. If he's having some gastric upset, this should help. Try adding 1 tsp per meal. If this continues to be an ongoing thing, it may signal a sensitivity to something in the food. Within the next week, you should see improvements.

Back