Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Stop Motion Photography Dobby

Lisa Dobby

Lairian
Here is a video I made tonight. It actually is about 400 photographs individually taken of my kitten Dobby. I made them play at approximate 8 photos per second which makes it look like a movie rather than a slide show. Its such a neat way to make a video. You can actually do silly things like make your cat disappear or make objects move that are not supposed to move! This one is just Dobby and my son having fun on the sofa. I love playing with Windows Movie Maker!

Last edited by a moderator:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Great video!!! Yeah, how long did it take to put it all together? Are you the member that is a photogher or is this just a hobby?

Lisa Dobby

Lairian
No I am not a `real`photographer but I own a Skateboard Shop so I had to purchase a fairly high end camera in order to take photos of the guys skateboarding... In order to shoot them in action the camera has to be pretty fast... Most digital cameras these days can do sequence shots but lots of people just don`t read the manuals to know how to change the settings. I am an obsessive manual reader! I found stop motion movies on youtube. Some of the stuff there (not kitty related) is pretty cool... I have seen people bring inanimate objects alive by taking hundreds of photos of them. It is the coolest way to make videos but alas I am just a novice... There is a guy called pesfilm on youtube that is a real pro at this stuff... His body of work is just amazing. Also there are a lot of people that shoot movies of Lego! Very cool stuff!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
No I am not a `real`photographer but I own a Skateboard Shop so I had to purchase a fairly high end camera in order to take photos of the guys skateboarding... In order to shoot them in action the camera has to be pretty fast... Most digital cameras these days can do sequence shots but lots of people just don`t read the manuals to know how to change the settings. I am an obsessive manual reader! I found stop motion movies on youtube. Some of the stuff there (not kitty related) is pretty cool... I have seen people bring inanimate objects alive by taking hundreds of photos of them. It is the coolest way to make videos but alas I am just a novice... There is a guy called pesfilm on youtube that is a real pro at this stuff... His body of work is just amazing. Also there are a lot of people that shoot movies of Lego! Very cool stuff!

Wow, yeah its pretty cool what can be done. I don't think it would hold my interest long enough tho to complete it. lol

Back