Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Stories from Soup and Noodle..

souplouie

Lairian
I'm going to share the events of the next few days here with you guys! So far its actually going wonderfully, but I'm excited to have a whole community of helpful people here for when we hit some bumps in the road.

They saw each other from a distance yesterday after some sniffing each others blankets and there was a lot of growling from Soup (who is only about 10 months old) but not real aggressive behaviors. Today after Noodles first check-up and I let them have some supervised time together things went surprisingly well! Soup becoming very interested and following Noodle around to sniff him and lick him. There were a few little swats both ways so far, but they seemed very playful, no claws or hisses. I think Noodle needed a break first and decided to get stuck on the inside of our couch that we didn't know existed. After separating them for some naps and snuggles, they are back to following each other around and were able to lay on the same bed!

Is it too soon to let them sleep (where we sleep as well) in the same room if this continues?

Attachments

Jeanhill72

Lairian
They are both doing really well. I think you should go with your gut; you are obviously monitoring them pretty closely so you should have a pretty good feel for how they are doing. If you think either one needs a little break so that he isn't overwhelmed, seperating them at night makes sense. However, if they are becoming fast friends, snuggling tonight might just seal the deal. Good luck!

souplouie

Lairian
Little Noodle needed more breaks than Soup did. He got really interested and I think Noodle got overwhelmed. I was surprised it wasn't the older one getting stressed and needing time away! But after a day of supervised play time, seperated nap times, and shared meal times (on opposite sides of the door) we have reached this!! I am sooooo surprised and excited! My heart is so full. ❤❤❤❤

Attachments

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh my goodness they are going to be the best of friends!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Awww {=

They go together like... noodles & soup! ; )

Reminds me of my pair! Mine fell in love from the start as well! Seeing them bond & snuggle each other is so heartwarming.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Noodle soup! Noodle and Soup mix really well together. So happy to see they're buddies already. How adorable to see them cuddle in the last pics.

Janusz

Lairian
I'm going to share the events of the next few days here with you guys! So far its actually going wonderfully, but I'm excited to have a whole community of helpful people here for when we hit some bumps in the road.

They saw each other from a distance yesterday after some sniffing each others blankets and there was a lot of growling from Soup (who is only about 10 months old) but not real aggressive behaviors. Today after Noodles first check-up and I let them have some supervised time together things went surprisingly well! Soup becoming very interested and following Noodle around to sniff him and lick him. There were a few little swats both ways so far, but they seemed very playful, no claws or hisses. I think Noodle needed a break first and decided to get stuck on the inside of our couch that we didn't know existed. After separating them for some naps and snuggles, they are back to following each other around and were able to lay on the same bed!

Is it too soon to let them sleep (where we sleep as well) in the same room if this continues?
Perhaps you need a third and name him/her “Chicken?”

They are super adorable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk