Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Strange "bruise"?

Ryleaxx

Lairian
Hey,

This is my first time ever posting to this site. I just wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience with their sphynx cat. Lafayette is a free spirit and often gets into trouble falls off things and gets stuck in small places because she's too curious for her own good so I'm used to seeing cuts and scrapes. I came home the other day and found this red purple Mark over her eye that I've never seen before has anyone seen anything like it should I have any concerns. Thanks for all the help and answers.

Thanks,
Rylea and Lafayette

Attachments

• IMG_20190223_201552.jpg
    IMG_20190223_201552.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 195

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Ouch. It does look like it could be a bruise. Is it changing color like it does on humans as it heals?

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Ryleaxx thanks for jumpin To post about sweet Lafayette
She does sound like an active one keeping big you on your toes for sure !

Mine have had thumps amd bumps in the same area but not as pronounced

How does her actually eye look? Any tearing , pawing at her eye ?
If she is I would recommend a Definite vet trip for eye stain test

Keep an eye out for any brown spots on the eyes - they can develop corneal sequestrum s for scratched eyes that st fist is not visible to the naked eye - been there dome thst with my boy -

For peace of mind you can check with her vet

Head smooches sent !
Following closely for updates

Btw , many of us keep on hand Vetericyn spray -( like it is non toxic) for any skin nicks etc on the body - I keep the Vetericyn eye product on hand for my crew and stay mindful of the expiration date - I write with a sharpie marker the expiration dates on th side of the bottle as an easy reminder

So glad you posted with this fun friendly bunch !
A vet check is always best but we can chime in with our experiences to share
These rascals are definitely keep us on our toes !

Look forward to lots of pics amd tales

Healing vibes !

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome! What a cutie you have there! I would keep an eye on it, as long as its getting better and the eye appears open, it should be fine, if it worsens, a vet check may be in line, please keep us posted. :)

Sheldon13

Staff member
Definitely looks like a bruise. Over the eye is a prominent area that could easily be bruised up in a clumsy moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Looks like your baby has a black eye. Poor thing. I would keep an eye on her. Healing hugs.

Ryleaxx

Lairian
UPDATE:

Lafayette is healed up and it must have just been a bruise. Thanks for everyone's help and support. Thought everyone would enjoy a happier photo or two with no black eye haha. ❤️
Screenshot_20190226_130854_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190226_130901_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20190226_130901_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 160
Back