Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Strange glands/pores?

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ive been meaning to post for a while but keep forgetting. I was wondering if anyone has seen this on their cats? Bubbles has glands/pores/ inverted skin tags??? On his neck on either side. You can feel how deep they go in his neck (not very deep). They don't seem to bother him I'm just not sure why he has them or if anyone elses babies have them.

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
tempFileForShare_20170602-000902.jpg

KitCatty

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
It is a blackhead kinda. You can squeeze them or put some coconut oil on them but it won't really make them go away.

Try adding a little apple cider vinegar to the water and feed him a little coconut oil every day. Both help with skin and coat health

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It is a blackhead kinda. You can squeeze them or put some coconut oil on them but it won't really make them go away.

Try adding a little apple cider vinegar to the water and feed him a little coconut oil every day. Both help with skin and coat health

Its literally two holes in his neck. Apparently hes had them for years. I don't think it would still be a blackhead then? Or could it?

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@nudieluvr it could be marks of blackheads. Sometimes after squeezing a blackhead little holes stay behind. Like you sometimes see on peoples faces who had very sever pimps/blackheads during youth.

KitCatty

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

Its literally two holes in his neck. Apparently hes had them for years. I don't think it would still be a blackhead then? Or could it?

Yes it is, my white boy had one from the day I brought him home. I could squeeze junk out of it and it never really went away.... His father had the same thing.

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Interesting @Toa and Ross and @dare2Bbare! I guess I never thought that they could be blackheads. Mostly because they are symmetrical on his neck and because you can feel how deep they go in the skin. I did gently squeeze them and nothing came out. Ive never seen any discharge coming from them either. Its a bit of a mystery.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@nudieluvr if they're symmetrical on his neck and no gunk comes out, it's more likely to be a vampire bite:p . Just kidding. But the way you describe it, it doesn't sound like blackheads

Last edited:

Sheldon13

Staff member
And people there is a thing called a preauricular cyst right in front of the ears. It's basically a little pit that is congenital and usually doesn't cause problems. I wonder if there's something similar for cats in that area?

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
And people there is a thing called a preauricular cyst right in front of the ears. It's basically a little pit that is congenital and usually doesn't cause problems. I wonder if there's something similar for cats in that area?

That seems to be in the right track maybe? I'm interested to see if anyone elses kitties have these?

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
My first thought was vampire too! LOL

I don't have any additional advice to give other than what's been said above.

CathyO

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Landed here as I look for answers why Peaches’ blackhead spot seems to have a long stem underneath it. She has the exact same thing as the poster and had the exact same two before I adopted her as per her breeder, although now she only has one.

It accumulates blackhead every couple of days if u squeeze deeper along the stem lines underneath as I found out today. I wonder when this hole would ever close...

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My boy still has them. I asked a breeder I know and she had a Male with a similar issue. Apparently they occur in the breed sometimes.

CathyO

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My boy still has them. I asked a breeder I know and she had a Male with a similar issue. Apparently they occur in the breed sometimes.

Oooo like born with a Blackhead portal? Lol or more like a pore that just keeps getting blocked?

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oooo like born with a Blackhead portal? Lol or more like a pore that just keeps getting blocked?
It's hard to explain but they aren't always full but occasionally I can tell they bother him because he will scratch hits skin a lot there. Sometimes even to the point of causing small ouchies. But if I lightly squeeze them or sometimes use a warm cloth and lightly squeeze them they will drain a bit. I can tell it's seems like a natural oil so no blood or oozing or anything like that. He had this issue even before I had him. He was probably born with it. Like a reverse skin tag. It is slightly odd but just one of his quirks that make him special. :)

Sheldon13

Staff member
Seriously, look up “preauricular cysts/pits.” Same exact thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back