Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Strange Spot(?)

kvh sphynx

Lairian
Hi all

Looking for some advice as Google images wasn't helping me much! My girl is coming up for two, aside from hating her ears getting cleaned and the occasional bath tantrum we've had no issues or hygiene concerns.

Yesterday though I noticed a small rough patch between her shoulder blades, it did not look sore, infected or like there was any issue other than the skin being hard in this one spot. She had a bath yesterday using everything she has always had (haven't even changed washing detergents or anything like that) and is fully bathed 3-4 weeks with daily washes (face cloth and warm water). This was was I noticed the skin here was a little discolored but as she was being bathed I first though oil/dirt build up collecting in folds. Today as you can see in below photos it is much more prominent yet does not seem to bother her.
I have noticed she has been more oily though put this down to having the heating on consistently and she loves to snuggle in cosy bits so naturally builds quicker.

Racking my brains on possible factors but very stumped. No other pets and does not seem like a bug bite - can't tell from photo but this red part is very hard almost like a scab but smooth, it is not an open wound though looks it here.
She is due her monthly Advocate and this is where it would be administered though this popped up yesterday (around 4 weeks after last dose) so don't think it is this but very unsure!

Sorry for the longwindednes but really looking for any advice at all here and being a very worried parent!

Attachments

• 20230308_195334.jpg
    20230308_195334.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 24
  • 20230308_195326.jpg
    20230308_195326.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20230308_195306.jpg
    20230308_195306.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
It almost looks like a burn. I would definitely ask your vet about whether or not it is safe to apply the next dose or not. With the scab it might be absorbed at a different rate or be dangerous.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
I agree it looks like a burn but if you say it's hard then a burn doesn't make sense. Was there a bump or pimp first?

Back