Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Stressed

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
If you don't see me on much lately or rather, not replying- I'm simply rather stressed.

One of my babies needs very expensive surgery- to the tune of $5000- and it's really stressing me out...

Think happy thoughs for Neala, please!

Attachments

• Neala6weeks.jpg
    Neala6weeks.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 37

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thank you so much, hon. I've been crying today- at the drop of a hat- at the goodness of strangers. Neala really doesn't want to eat the glop anymore and I'm worried about EVERYTHING, but the people who have helped have just made me so happy.

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
It's called Persistent Right Aortic Arch and basically, during embroyic growth, this arch is supposed to disappear- instead, it encircled her esophagus (it's a part of her heart) and makes it so when she eats, solids can't go down. Kibble, wet food, etc, all gets puked back up! She can only eat kitten glop or probably KMR right now.

Bella07

Banned
Oh my gosh no.......I saw the link with the full story about Neala....I am so so so sorry, my heart is breaking for all of you right now. I'll see what I can do when it comes to donating.....:Cry:

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Were they Sphynx too, Cristina? It's such a very rare condition for CATS to have- letalone if they were Sphynxes too!

Thank you, all of you- anything helps :) Good wishes are always welcome!

I have created a blog for her that I'll keep updated. I'm hoping WHEN we have the surgery that I can get photos taken during it (wouldn't that be insane?). I know if it was my vet, she'd let me. Don't know about the surgeon though.

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Unfortunately, you can't donate straight to the vet, but I set up a Paypal account for donations. I will send you the info...

THANK YOU, all of you- I am really humbled by how kind people can be in times like this...

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh my goodness! One of my Jilli's pups, (the one I had promised my children to keep) had an enlarged esophagus, I think it's similar to aortic arch, he could not eat solids and we could not afford the surgery, I gave the pup to a family that did have it corrected and loves him, but it devastated me to have to take him away from my children. I had no idea this happened to cats also, my heart goes out to you. Can you PM me the paypal address?

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
She actually DOES have mega-esophagus, secondary to the PRAA. Basically, that means the PRAA is causing it and the hope is if we do the surgery asap, it will resolve itself to pretty much normal.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
sorry to hear about your kitty. hope she'll be ok after surgery. you have every right to be stressed :(

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Our love goes out to the both of you. I want to help donate too. Please let me know where to donate and when the surgery is. Love and kisses.

Back