Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Stuck and Apprehensive

gentlewinds

Lairian
Does anyone else feel stuck? I have been looking for Sphynx, Bambino, Elf, Dwelf kittens for a while now and have even chatted with a few people who claim to have some for sale. My gut instincts tell me that they have been scammers. I really have my guard up as far as trusting anyone. I don't know how to get past this. I can't afford to lose my money that I work hard for. It breaks my heart to hear of others who have gone through that.

I really want a kitten for emotional reasons. Because I work during the day, I don't want one kitten to be lonesome, so I am planning on getting two so that they can keep each other company. I am looking at females and males, but not for breeding reasons. Strictly emotional support. I live in west central WI and would like to get a kitten within driving distance, even if I had to take time off from work to travel. I like the looks of tuxedo, black, chocolate seal points, and a few others. I LOVE the electric blue eyes on some that I have seen.

Please share with me how I can get over this feeling of being stuck and not being able to get a kitten/s for emotional support. I am fearful of being scammed or driving to get the kitten and there is no kitten when I get there.

I'm also interested to know what people have to offer as far as types and appearances of kittens. What types of kittens do your adult queens tend to deliver?

I know people have waiting lists as well. I am apprehensive about getting on waiting lists. I want to know what someone else may have available that would be of interest to me if that opportunity arose.

Thanks for reading my my apprehensions and sharing your thoughts, ideas and kittens of love. I long for for the day that I can share my love with some of my own fur babies.

0 Comments​

Sheldon13

Staff member
It can definitely wear on you having to sort through all that. I do think it takes longer if you look for a rescue as opposed to a breeder. My first girl, a rescue, took over a year to find once I started looking. And I really lucked out with her as well because of extenuating circumstances (long story). My second, my current little boy, I found at a breeder after looking for only a couple of months (and he came home to me only a couple months later). But again, a little luck was involved because he had been spoken for and the person backed out. I do think it’s pretty typical to have to get on waiting lists.

That being said, I do have a list of breeders I can send you but I don’t know that any are within driving distance. The closest is Colorado. Let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yoda mom

Staff member
@gentlewinds , ((((Hugs)))))) stay positive.the right one(s) will find you. I have all adoptees. two siblings I adopted from a member all within a couple of months of each other.
kudos to you for going with your gut. when I was looking outside the sphynxlair I also came across many scammers. be sure to read the reputable breeder link and fraud tip link in the sphynx info center.

you can ask for PM's of reputable breeders in your area and inquire about upcoming retirees.. I adopted a wonderful retiree . all paws crossed the sphynx stars align. hugs. dont hesitate to send me a pm of any ads you are looking at for a peek for red flags.