Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Success at Last!!

nfaerie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
For those who have been members for a while, you may remember my "Epic Saga of The Green (and white and reddish) Snotty Boogers"........... I FINALLY HAVE A SOLUTION!

To summarise
1. Gotcha day, since then she has been exhibiting these symptoms. Within he first week of having her I took her to the vet to have this looked at. Was given doxycycline at half dose because she was 4 months.
2. Doxycycline helped a little but not really. Took her back two weeks later, her dose was doubled and go for 4 weeks.
3. Didn't work so I took her back to the vet. We discussed getting her a scope under anesthetisc but I thought she was too young so I spent a good day trying to collect a good booger sample. Results were pasteurella bacteria. Got given 1 week of small dose of moxycilin, like penecillin, then at second week mark double dose for six weeks.
4. Six weeks later, still sick. Her boogers went clear about week 4 then came back to yellowish. Took back to vet to get scope surgery last week. She is 9 months old.
5. Scope results and biopsy, nothing exciting except really eroded nasal-pharangal membrane and same bacteria pasteurella.
6. Vet concluded possible chronic rhinitis and a management plan. Went back on moxycilin, no results.

Fast forward to April, last month. Steroid anti-inflammitary made it worse. Tried Baytril. Not work. I was so upset and frustrated. She was almost 1 yr old and still chronic boogers.

So desperate I decided to try some hokey-pokey homeopathy! Drops on back of neck twice a day, and magic!! Almost no boogers, and if I hear/see some, put more drops on. Magically makes her sneeze them out.

Sinus (polyps, aspergillus,cryptococcos,enterobacter) (AN027) Animal Prescriptions
  • Helps sinus infections, inflammations & discharges.
  • Help clear congestion from nasal passage, if chronic.
  • Support from fungal infection of Aspergillus & Cryptococcos
  • Enterobacter Cloacae and Nocardia Bacteria infections.

I cannot believe, that something so....simple helps. All the medications messed with her immunity and stomach. But this...wow. So now I have one HEALTHY and happy Cleopatra SoftPaws! :)
10307425_10152207191843423_3242610681152528036_n.jpg

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
That's wonderful news. I remember you telling of all the meds and
problems she was having. Just great you found something to help her.
She has suffered enough.

Edie Williams

Lairian
My guy has been going through the same thing since I got him and they are now talking about a scope which I really don't want to do! He's been on Baytril for 18 days of 30-day course & he's back to sneezing out green boogers & the eye goop is back! He's been on Doxy twice,Clavamox,tried steroids and berm on Viralys! What drops are you using????
He tested positive on culture for Pasteurella,Staph Saprophytis,and Staph Felis! I'm at my wits end!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Edie Williams did you see the last post of this thread was in 2014? Wanted to let you know cause it could be the person who started this thread isn't active anymore. You can always start your own thread so other member can give advise

Back