Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Suckling my dog!?

CorennaRoyal

Lairian
Last night I heard some noise.. I sit up and see nova the sphynx suckling on my staffy dogs boob I laughed showed my partner then moved nova and got kush the dog to lay flat so she couldn't do it again.. has anyone else's sphynx done this I was laughing so much

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181107-132642_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20181107-132642_Snapchat.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 32

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Haha it's so funny to see them suckle on their buddies or you. My boy Toa used to suckle on his brother and on my neck. Too cute

Yoda mom

Staff member
@CorennaRoyal Awhhhhh love your staffy nova pic!
True ambassador !
Hugs n head smooches
Mine don't suckle my big boys but whisper in their ears and head butt their lips and curl up by their bellies when they are busy chewing their busy buddy Jack toy

We do see amazing bonds here with all paws

Head smooches to all paws !

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Kenzo suckles on my skin every night before he falls asleep. Occasionally, on my Hubby’s too! He’s done it since the day we brought him home! He’s 8 months now. We also have two dogs, but I’ve never seen him suckle on either of them. I think it’s fur that turns him off... Almost as if he prefers our human skin bc it’s more similar to his mom’s skin, lol.

A friend’s male sphynx always suckles on one particular fuzzy blanket. Turns out, he is an outcross, and his mother was a coated sphynx! It’s an endearing little habit! :love:

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Aawww bless her! That's so sweet :giggle: Kush looks like a real sweetheart! My boy used to suckle a lot for the first few months but after he got his adult teeth he tried and failed, and then stopped altogether. Some grow out of it, but some seem to not want to grow out of it :sneaky:

NakidSquad4

Lairian
I have had Genevieve for four weeks and am glad to know I am not alone! She likes to suckle my skin, usually my neck, but will take my arm or finger as a replacement. I kept wondering if I should let her do this, but it usually calms her to sleep. The downside is I sometimes have marks that resemble being visited by a vampire in the night.

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have had Genevieve for four weeks and am glad to know I am not alone! She likes to suckle my skin, usually my neck, but will take my arm or finger as a replacement. I kept wondering if I should let her do this, but it usually calms her to sleep. The downside is I sometimes have marks that resemble being visited by a vampire in the night.

Yea, Butchie would do it when he was sleepy or when something had spooked him a little. I kind of miss it... :) Although I ended up with 'love bites' on my neck more than once! :D

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Genevieve723 Isn't it the sweetest! Kenzo is a big boy now at 10 lbs, but he still suckles and 'makes biscuits' every night until he falls asleep! As long as she's not suckling compulsively, it's a harmless and sweet habit. However, if she's incessantly suckling on herself or others, even after you try to make her stop, then it may be becoming an obsessive behavior, which needs to be corrected.

@Cinafina Yes, I've ended up with little love bites on my stomach and neck once or twice myself! :ROFLMAO: I secretly hope Kenzo never grows out of it.... :whistle::giggle:

Back