Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sudden Death Syndrome

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
One of nine of my Auracanna chickens died. I have no idea what happened. Had fresh water and food. Sometime in the day she died.:Cry:

Here are some pics of the girls. I let them out in my garden almost evey day. They are so spoiled. I got the in March right after my precious Kika died. They have been very entertaining. The black and white chicken with the red comb is China Doll and she is the top hen.[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Chickens 004.jpg
    Chickens 004.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Chickens 002.jpg
    Chickens 002.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Chickens 007.jpg
    Chickens 007.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 16

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Sorry to hear of your sad news. I don't know alot about chickens..is this something common among them?

ps...your kitty is gorgeous!

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sorry to hear of your sad news. I don't know alot about chickens..is this something common among them?

ps...your kitty is gorgeous!
I think it is one of those things that just happens. I still have eight others to spoil. They all have their own personallity and I love to watch them do their thing. It is a great way for mr to unwind at the end of the day.

Loved the kitty pics. SOOO cute.

Last edited:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
So sorry to hear about the sudden death of your chicken. She sounds loved. All of our pets have such unique personalities that leave impressions on our lives.

holly_savage

Banned
Sorry to hear about the loss of your chicken. There are so many poultry diseases that it could be anything.

Now on another note...your gorgeous cat seems to be looking at you, and waiting for you to turn your back so he/she can grab lunch...lol...

Just kidding...

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Such pretty chickens! We had lots of chickens before we moved, they are lovely to watch. I am sorry for the loss of your hens, chickens are far better to me, than fish tanks, lol

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear about your chicken, i would love to have one but i thing the dogs would kill them!

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sorry about your chicken. I've always liked the idea of chickens , I would have so many animals if I had I was able too.

So sorry to hear about your loss. I love chickens! We had a pet Rhode Island Red when I was growing up and she thought she was a dog. You are right! They are relaxing just to watch them out doing their thing. I love when they take their dust baths!

I like the cat just lying in the sun watching.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks for all your loving comments. It is fun to watch them take dust baths. The seam to delight in it.:Smile::Smile:

Bella07

Banned
I am so sorry for your loss, whether big or small, all animals leave a forever impression on our hearts, and it's always hard :Cry:

Is the beautiful cat in the picture a bengal?

Back