Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Suddenly clingy

KitKat121

Lairian
Hello everyone! I have a 4 year old tuxedo Sphynx. He likes affection but on his terms and while he sleeps with me, he does so on his favorite blanket beside me or at the foot of my bed. Lately, he has been EXTREMELY clingy. I have another Spyhnx who is very clingy all of the time (has to be touching you while we sleep, goes in my shirt when I’m sitting, lays on me when I’m on the couch, etc, )My Grimley (tuxedo) has recently been acting like my other cat and it’s very odd for him. I haven’t changed his diet or house temp or anything. Only thing thats different is that my ex (who used to live with me) is in town but he’s used to these random visits and has known my ex for years. He won’t leave us alone, it’s gotten to the point where we are losing sleep. Also, can’t lock him out of the rooM because he meows incessantly. I’m asking for your opinions because I have read about sudden affection could be a sign of illness but he seems fine otherwise. He’s just been acting so bizarre and I’m concerned. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Can imagine you wonder about this new behavior. You say he behaves this way since your ex is in your house? Maybe he is jealous? Or very happy to have your ex back?
I also heard a cat can get clingy when he's sick or others are sick. But I think then there should be more signs of something going on.
Hope others will chime in to share their ideas.

KitKat121

Lairian
Can imagine you wonder about this new behavior. You say he behaves this way since your ex is in your house? Maybe he is jealous? Or very happy to have your ex back?
I also heard a cat can get clingy when he's sick or others are sick. But I think then there should be more signs of something going on.
Hope others will chime in to share their ideas.
I appreciate your reply! I was thinking he’s happy he’s back, because he’s affectionate with him also. I just wanted to see if someone here has had the same experience that ended tragically I’m probably just overreacting, I’m a worry-wort cat mom!

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I can't offer any personal experience, but I would probably be a bit concerned myself. It could be the change in the family unit with your ex staying over, but for peace of mind you might want to take him to the vet for a checkup.

Yoda mom

Staff member
if he is eating , drinking and all else fine I would imagine it's the change of environment ...my girl is very possessive of me

keep us updated

Back