Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Suggestion

Brooke

Banned
Loving the forum - thanks so much for putting this together!!

Can I suggest adding a section about sphynx health issues/questions? My first sphynx boy, Harold, was diagnosed with HCM and died from heart failure 3 months later. I was able to find tons of clinical information about the disease, but never had an outlet like this one to share my experiences and compare notes with people dealing with similar issues. Sphynx kitties have their own set of unique health concerns, so it could be really helpful.

Similarly, I had a dog with Cushing's Disease, and found a forum specifically about it. I got so much helpful information and encouragement from the people on the forum. They actually helped me more than my vet did! And, when Virgil finally passed on from it, they were such a great support system, and understood what i was going through even more than the people around me. It would have been wonderful to have that kind of support system when Harold was sick... They also have a "Rainbow Bridge" thread, for people to leave memories and photos of their pets that had passed on.

Sorry, I don't mean to be such a downer! I've got a very strapping young healthy sphynx boy now! But I would love to be here to support anyone that's going through the problems I went through with Harold and his heart condition.

Thanks again!! The site is great!
Brooke

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi brooke,
Welcome to Sphynxlair!
Great suggestion!, We have had one sad time on sphynx lair with illness and death with one of our long time members Kerrie78, and we all consoled with her and i made a memorial video for her and her baby Fuzz, so yes i will add a memorial section (any one have a good name topic?) and a question/healh type forum.
Thanks
Admin:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Maybe something along the lines of "disorders/ diseases questions or chat"? For the memorial section maybe something simple like ... "In memory of..."