Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Wig

Lairian
Can my sphynx get sunburned through our house windows ? She sits in the sun on her tower a lot during the day .

Cat Dancer

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I was wondering the same thing. Quincy loves the window & I try to limit his exposure.... But he usually just does what he wants:hilarious: I believe that just like us the uv rays can do damage. I think there are other posts on here about sun & sunscreen here as well.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Yes they can. Some members have bought tinting to adhere to the windows that their cats seem to lay in the most. Keep in mind no sunscreen has been developed yet that is safe for cats due to them ingesting it while cleaning themselves.

Patti

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
You could pup the tree where the morning Sun comes in. Then, make
sure there isn't anything somewhere else she can lounge on in the sun.
I would keep the blinds down or curtains shut.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Can my sphynx get sunburned through our house windows ? She sits in the sun on her tower a lot during the day .

I was wondering the same thing. Quincy loves the window & I try to limit his exposure.... But he usually just does what he wants:hilarious: I believe that just like us the uv rays can do damage. I think there are other posts on here about sun & sunscreen here as well.

Yes they can. Some members have bought tinting to adhere to the windows that their cats seem to lay in the most. Keep in mind no sunscreen has been developed yet that is safe for cats due to them ingesting it while cleaning themselves.

Patti

Here is a good thread on sunblock and sphynx - is sunscreen safe for my sphynx?

tuffysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hi, I have spent much time searching for clear film that protects against UV rays and can be placed on the windows. Like everyone else seems to find, Paka is relentless in her desire to look out the window and feel the heat. We can't afford a fortune to have it done professionally and I finally found one that is both DIY and removable. It got good reviews but the free shipping is only in the contiguous United States.
http://www.windowfilmandmore.com/uv-blocking-window-film-2.aspx

She has three freckles and they are driving me crazy. I really don't want her to go through a biopsy.

tuffysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Continued: (I am probably not doing this correctly)

We can send it to a forward shipping company, but we do not ship directly
outside of the US, Unless you are buying a large quantity.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me. Simply reply
to this email or feel free to call me at: 1-877-473-6567

Thank you,
----------------------------------
Jimmy - Window Film and More.com

Did you know all orders come with a Free Installation Tool? We also have
available a complete installation kits which include professional grade
tools, a spray bottle, and pre-measured & specifically designed mounting
solution to ensure proper installation of your window film.

Back