Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sunday Pics

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Every sunday I'm amazed by how you manage to capture the personality's of your 4 so well! Only by looking at your pics it's possible to tell what kind of cat it is. Love it.

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Sharing a blast from the past. We spent the day helping clear some furniture at what was my Dad’s house and I came across an album and snapped some pics of the pics. This was our very first kitten when we were first married. We named him Fantome which was the name of the Wind Jammer sailboat we had our honeymoon on. We got him from the ASPCA the day after we got back. I was sicker than a dog, and hubby said there was no waiting, time to start our family.

As you can see hubby always was a cat Daddy. A few months later we got a tabby kitten for him and called her Lexus, but over the years she ended up with the name Fat Doodles.

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Fantome was a beautiful cutie. And such a daddy's girl, watching over him while he sleeps. Ooooh and hubby with a mustache and hair:).

Precious pictures, thanks for sharing.

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Stunning beyond words! It's so nice to hear the stories too, gives texture! So, there was not sphynx cats in the beginning? What made you choose the breed? Love the black and white beauty sitting by his daddy.

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
@Zab We went to a cat show and was kind of put off with how snooty many of the people were. There was a Sphynx breeder that was so down to earth she let me pet a kitten. Many do not let you touch the show Cats for fear of passing on things like URIs or skin issues like ringworm. She was a true ambassador of the breed and encouraged people to get to know all about them. When we lost our tux and tabby I said to hubby let’s get a Sphynx. He said no way they look like ball sacks lol. I said let’s just go look at a litter nearby and see. We went to a breeder’s house and she let us into a bedroom where the litter was she said just sit still. She closed the door and a bunch of little ears started popping up all over lol. They loved hubby and he loved their affectionate ways. We did not get one of those kittens something just didn’t feel right about the breeder and we did not make a connection with a particular kitten which come to think of it is really odd. Because back then HCM was not something that was a real worry with the breed etc. I started my quest for a sphynx when we got home. Found a breeder. There were 2 boys available one blue and white which was what I really hoped for, but when I saw the cream and white one in the pic, I was immediately in love! Crazy because hubby even said he knew I would like that one too lol. He was my heart cat and my reason to love again...and again.

Last edited:

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Zab We went to a cat show and was kind of put off with how snooty many of the people were. There was a Sphynx breeder that was so down to earth she let me pet a kitten. Many do not let you touch the show Cats for fear of passing on things like URIs or skin issues like ringworm. She was a true ambassador of the breed and encouraged people to get to know all about them. When we lost our tux and tabby I said to hubby let’s get a Sphynx. He said no way they look like ball sacks lol. I said let’s just go look at a litter nearby and see. We went to a breeder’s house and she let us into a bedroom where the litter was she said just sit still. She closed the door and a bunch of little ears started popping up all over lol. They loved hubby and he loved their affectionate ways. We did not get one of those kittens something just didn’t feel right about the breeder and we did not make a connection with a particular kitten which come to think of it is really odd. Because back then HCM was not something that was a real worry with the breed etc. I started my quest for a sphynx when we got home. Found a breeder. There were 2 boys available one blue and white which was what I really hoped for, but when I saw the cream and white one in the pic, I was immediately in love! Crazy because hubby even said he knew I would like that one too lol. He was my heart cat and my reason to love again...and again.
Love that story! I think my babies has been the ambassadors for their breed. Not one human that's been to our house has been unaffected by them, one way or another. I remember when I bought Ossi my hubby thought it was a lot to pay for a cat (he grew up on a farm) but when we got him he fell in love in the car ride home. He also said "Hmmm... feels familiar when you stroke it" and the also refers to ball sacks when someone asks him how they feel. Now we can't imagine another breed.
I've been following the Swedish FB page for sphynx and this summer many have been lost to HCM. It's such a horrid thing and I wish there was more serious breeders out there...
Thanx for sharing your story!
/Zab