Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

:Surprise: excited!!!

MikkiJean

Lairian
I found out last night, but I wanted to be sure that my boyfriend and I were still on the same page....
I'm getting my sphynx!!!!!!!!!!:BigSmile::BigSmile:

Her name is Lexi. She's a 5 1/2 year old retired breeder. I'm told she's a little shy at first, but an absolute love bug! Apparently the other breeder kitties pick on her :ThumbsDown:.

Now I just have to figure out how exactly I am going to get to VA to pick her up. I've looked at a few options, I just have to decide which one will work best.

MikkiJean

Lairian
I have a few pictures, although they are not the best, it's all I have.

Here is Lexi as a kitten:
attachment.php

And here she is now. She's gained a bit of weight since she was neutered, but hopefully with a less stressful environment and regulated food portions she'll loose a little.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Lexi kitten.jpg
    Lexi kitten.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 79
  • Ohfeelya%20kittens%20Pam%20et%20al%20062210%20235.jpg
    Ohfeelya%20kittens%20Pam%20et%20al%20062210%20235.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Ohfeelya%20kittens%20Pam%20et%20al%20062210%20231.jpg
    Ohfeelya%20kittens%20Pam%20et%20al%20062210%20231.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 80

MikkiJean

Lairian
Congratulations MikkiJean! She is gorgeous, especially with those pretty blue eyes, Be sure to let us know when you get to bring her home!

It looks like a friend and I will be taking a road trip:Dizzy: to VA next week!!! I should have Lexi home by thursday or friday!:Smile:

susi794

Staff member
How wonderful, MikkiJean! Lexi is going to be so happy with her new life. She is beautiful and you can get her to lose a little weight by giving her lots of exercise and play time. It's a great way to bond and might be a wonderful new experience for her as well. I am glad for you! HURRAY!!!!

Pbinky

Banned
:Smile:
I love her! Chubby wubby! Find out all you can about her from the breeder. Things like how she likes her bath, where she likes to have a bath, which cleanser the breeder is currently using etc. She's an older girl and is probably set in her ways so to make life easier, just find out all you can. How the breeder goes about cleaning her ears and how often...oh there is so much to know!
I'm sure you will be a great mum!
Good luck and enjoy your beautiful girl!

MikkiJean

Lairian
:Smile:
I love her! Chubby wubby! Find out all you can about her from the breeder. Things like how she likes her bath, where she likes to have a bath, which cleanser the breeder is currently using etc. She's an older girl and is probably set in her ways so to make life easier, just find out all you can. How the breeder goes about cleaning her ears and how often...oh there is so much to know!
I'm sure you will be a great mum!
Good luck and enjoy your beautiful girl!

I know that she likes baths, which is a huge sigh of relief for me:ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp: I know she is current on all her vaccinations though, but she will be going to the vet before she comes to my house! She's currently eating TOTW which is what I feed my DSH Louiiiee, so that's good. From talking to the breeder it sounds like she's had a pretty unstable life... the breeder didn't get her until she was two years old and now she's staying with another breeder/her friend because she is in the process of relocating. So I am anxious to get her out of that situation and put her into a forever, loving home!!

I will definitely ask about which cleanser she is using and where she likes her baths. What other questions should I ask?

I can't wait... one week!!! My boyfriend is not at all excited as he is tolerable... he wasn't even excited about our cat we have now. But just like with Louiiiee, I'm sure he will absolutely love Lexi:LOL::LOL:.. and stop calling her a fat bat:ThumbsDown:

Back