Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

SV Baby

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
As requested, I will post pictures of my little boy here...

Info first... He is considered an F2B. That means he is a second generation Savannah (F2) and the 'B' means he is a product of a SV x SV cross, not an outcross (that would be an A). His maternal Grandfather is an African Serval- I will find Youtube videos and share them of him as well. His Daddy is my show kitty and his Momma is a gorgeous long legged girl I wanted from the moment I saw her first pictures online- about this age, I think...

Okay, so he was born after a very long labor- 12 hours- and he was born not breathing. It was a very scary beginning- took a good 15 minutes or so before he was breathing- lots of work and swearing on my part, but that first breath was a miracle! And I've been in love ever since! I swear- if I wasn't up to my eyeballs in cat-related debt, I'd keep him!

These pictures are pretty much in chronological order- from his birth to now...

Attachments

• IMG_0275.JPG
    IMG_0275.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0327.jpg
    IMG_0327.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0492.jpg
    IMG_0492.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0528.jpg
    IMG_0528.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 87
  • ferocious.jpg
    ferocious.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 85

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Heh- the show gens are less then the price of a Sphynx kitten for a pet ;) ;)

Here is a video of my baby's Grandpa...

Replacement String:

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jinxlover

OMG!!!!! I love him..Some day I will have one.

I could watch that big guy play in and eat those fish all day..:BigSmile:
Didn't I read some place the the males are sterile? How do you breed them if they are sterile?

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Uuuh... Go to Youtube and search Dagger and Serval- you'll see him there. I'm not sure why it pulls up for some people and not others.

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
There is a lady trying to cross SV x Sphynx, but the problem from what I understand is once you get to the lower SV generations (show gens)- the spots are not skin deep. They ARE skin deep on my baby- you can see them on his tummy, even where it is pretty bare. But if he was an F5 or F6, I guess you wouldn't.

I got a bit of flack my first cat show when I said I owned both SVs and Sphynxes- the breeders immediately ASSumed I was the lady crossing these two breeds. I love both breeds, but I don't want to cross them- LOL!

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Okay, Now I've watched the video I want a Serval eventually too...wonder if they're available in the UK???

X

ckutkuhn7

Banned
There is a lady trying to cross SV x Sphynx, but the problem from what I understand is once you get to the lower SV generations (show gens)- the spots are not skin deep. They ARE skin deep on my baby- you can see them on his tummy, even where it is pretty bare. But if he was an F5 or F6, I guess you wouldn't.

I got a bit of flack my first cat show when I said I owned both SVs and Sphynxes- the breeders immediately ASSumed I was the lady crossing these two breeds. I love both breeds, but I don't want to cross them- LOL!

I can see where the SV markings would be awesome cool on a Sphynx but if crossing them doesn't benefit either breed then why do it? Does she just want to create another breed??

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh- and you so don't want a Serval, for the most part. If the thought of a little bit of cat spray grosses you out- Servals don't tinkle- they spray like a firehouse is attached to their butts. It is horrible.

NOW, I love Servals and when the kids are grown and moved out, we will probably have one if they aren't completely illegal everywhere by that time- but we will need an outdoor enclosure so the Serval can be indoors and out :)

Back