Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sweaters for Sphynxes... which material is best?

Amethyst42

Lairian
I don't have a Sphynx myself, but a close friend now has one, and Imma knit that nekkid baby a sweater. Are Sphynx particularly sensitive to any materials? Acrylic yarn has come a long way, it's much softer than it used to be. It's also very easy to launder. Good quality wool yarn is also an option, but takes a lot more care.
Shown is a picture of my not-Sphynx cat in a wool sweater I knitted for a tiny dog recently. He was a surprisingly willing model!
So, TL;DR: do you babies get irritated by any particular yarn?

Attachments

Beckinboots

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I haven't knitted anything for my sphynx yet but am interested in the responses you get. Not sure what's available in Canada but in the UK we have some lovely soft bamboo yarns. I make my boy, Rankle, jumpers out of jersey fabric and I want to knit him something but can't find a pattern I like. Where did you find the one being modelled by the gorgeous Iggy? It's really nice.

Amethyst42

Lairian
I haven't knitted anything for my sphynx yet but am interested in the responses you get. Not sure what's available in Canada but in the UK we have some lovely soft bamboo yarns. I make my boy, Rankle, jumpers out of jersey fabric and I want to knit him something but can't find a pattern I like. Where did you find the one being modelled by the gorgeous Iggy? It's really nice.
Iggy knows he's gorgeous, but appreciates it anyway!
The pattern is intended for dogs, but it seems to fit quite well. It's available here, and I used Paton's Canadiana Classic Wool (it's weight 4, or worsted). I used the smallest size, and it seemed to fit just fine.

Beckinboots

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Iggy knows he's gorgeous, but appreciates it anyway!
The pattern is intended for dogs, but it seems to fit quite well. It's available here, and I used Paton's Canadiana Classic Wool (it's weight 4, or worsted). I used the smallest size, and it seemed to fit just fine.
Thanks for the link. I bought a dog jumper pattern but in retrospect don't like it. I'll give the one you sent a go