Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sweet Sisters in S Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hi Everyone!

Long time, no see- missed all of you :)

I have two super sweet Sphynx girls in Southern Nevada that will be looking for a new home in the next week or two.

Basic background: They are about 5 years old, FOUR paw declawed, microchipped, and were supposedly pets that were left behind by a college student and her parents dropped them off at a kill shelter this past week in Southern California.

They were FILTHY when dropped off and petrified. The shelter staff was too scared to handle them- but hey, guess what? They are just SCARED FIVE YEAR OLD PETS that were just dropped off at a shelter! Who wouldn't be scared?

They are gorgeous! I am calling the one girl Banshee because she will vocally let you know when she is displeased and the other girl is Ghost.

They are now with me in Southern Nevada. I want to evaluate them to see what kind of home they will best fit into- so it will probably be a week or two before I'll release them. They are apparently very healthy, though, BUT we can assume no HCM testing in their background. Their chips also were unregistered, so we can't even trace their lineage or breeder that way.

If anyone is interested- shoot me a PM. There WILL be a minimal adoption fee, but they will go TOGETHER or not at all. I am planning on deworming them and getting them into my vet this weekend and further evaluating their personalities. Right now, they are just still scared- they have had a lot going on so they need to calm down and settle in before their true personalities will shine.

Ah- pics. Not yet. One is a darker tortie, one is a lighter tortie. Banshee has a slight crimp to one ear- gives her character. Very cute. Pretty bare, although Ghost has a bit of fuzz spots going on, but she's okay. Oh- staff took them in as 'skin condition'- LOL- because you know all of our Sphynxes are suffering with that poor hairless skin condition!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I have to chuckle at the responses by the shelter staff. At least they didn't list them as having chronic hairloss.

I know you will find thes girls the excellent home they deserve.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so glad you gave these girls another chance for a happy life. I'm sure the perfect forever home will turn up.

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
IF I was willing to split them up, I'm already in love with Banshee! Ghost is a doll too, but Banshee has an attitude and it cracks me up!

Avasmommy

Lairian
Im still looking! I know you probably dont want to ship them tho. North Dakota is a beautiful place in the winter if you feel like taking a quick trip! LOL

Avasmommy

Lairian
Our tiny airport just got round trip flights from here to Vegas for cheap. How much of a re-homing fee are you asking for?

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sent you a quick PM, but we are basically asking just enough to cover our fees driving out and back as well as the impound fees the rescuer paid to pull them- she will be paid back to ensure if she ever runs across Sphynx again that she'll pull them again).

leaeleb

Lairian
Hi,
I live in Northern California & am looking to rescue a Sphynx, Cornish Rex, or Devon Rex (or a bonded pair). I just lost my sweet 12 yr old Cornish Rex to heart disease & his 10yr old Cornish brother is devastated & very lonely without him. I am looking for a companion(s) for him with the same kind of social bonding/interaction behavior vs a regular housecat. Is Norcal too far away to consider as a potential home for the girls? Are they still available? Are they OK w/other cats?

Thanks,
Lea

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh, I am so sorry for your loss! At the moment, they are adoption pending- but if anything changes, I will update her.

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
The girls went home this weekend :) Their new Mom bought everything for them before picking them up- and remembered to bring treats as I recommended ;) Thank goodness since I had to CLIMB under the bed to get the girls out! :Surprise:

But once they realized MOM had FOOD- they warmed up really nicely and by the end, Ghost was purring and rubbing all over her and Banshee was also sucking up ;) I think it's a match made in Heaven ;)

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That is great news!!!! Those girls deserve a great home after everything they've been through- thanks for making that happen:BigSmile:

Gizzymom

Banned
GREAT news!!! Sounds like 3 naked babies (4 with the little chinese crested) found new homes this weekend!!! :Wink:

Bella07

Banned
I'm so happy that these girls have been given a new chance to have a wonderful life! Now you must tell their new mommy to join Sphynx Lair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back