Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Switching dry foods/normal growth questions from a new mom!

souplouie

Lairian
Our new baby has been home for about 2 weeks now, and I've accumulated some questions for all you pros out there that came up after our vet trip. We go back for more shots soon, but I figured I could get some ideas from you all too!

1. I have not seen him touch the dry food he was eating with his breeder. He has a great appetite for his wet food and currently either myself or my boyfriend is home all or most of the day to feed it to him. That may be changing in the next few months with our work schedules, so I want to find something he eats in case it comes up where we might not be home as often a few days a week. Our vet recommended some dry foods (thankfully he has 2 sphynx babes of his own, so I feel very comfortable with his recommendations) but if he hasn't eaten it in so long, how do I transition? Is it safe to just give him a new one? I don't know how to introduce it slowly if he never touches the first one. And how can I guess what he will like?

2. How fast do they grow the first year? He has one sweater that fits appropriately and he loves wearing it while we're home and have a little less snuggle time. The sizes are only a couple inches apart, so I'm wondering if I should just buy the slightly bigger ones to get more use out of them since he's a growing boy?

Yoda mom

Staff member
@souplouie
My boy was extra let picky picky . I just had to go with a full over switch .
It is always recommend to go slow food changes but he wasn't having it

I did a switch to Nutrisource cat and kitten food in the blue bab ( no recalls and touted for gut health and palatabilty) he loves it yah! I free feed it to my whole crew with no skin or poo issiues . Feed and go no muss no fuss feed n go .Even works great for my IBD Bengal kitty. Not sold in big box stores but smaller stores and online I get at Hollywoodfeed online .
Cat & Kitten Chicken Meal, Salmon & Liver Cat Food - NutriSource Pet Foods
Very reasonably priced too mine did better on grain inculsive. I switched from Acana and Orijen
If you prefer grain free the same company makes purevita thst another member feeds the duck formula

I have been thru *ell trying to get a food he would eat as well as food for my IBD Bengal .

As for clothes mine run naked bcz ome got her nail stuck in a speedster and nearly fell from a high place., LUvmy,y I was home . So now I have 4 streakers
Others who buy and make clothing I am sure can chime in with growth amd clothes info .

Head smooches!

Back