Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Swollen eye!!!!! EXTREMELY WORRIED! :(

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Mickey's right eye is terrible. He has a yellowish discharge covering the whole eye and it is also swollen. Poor baby I am so worried. What could it be?

He is eating and everything and not sneezing....

The vet told us to go after 12.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The yellow sounds like an infection. He will need to see a vet. Poor baby. Sending well wishes your way.:Sweat:

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
swollen with a discolored discharge -- it's certainly an infection of some sort. As to the exact cause/ treatment -- the vet should be able to tell you the correct treatment.

It could be a scratched eye or something like chlamydia.

I hope it's minor and easily treated. the vet is the where to go for this, definitely

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
This doesn't sound good, it's vet time asap. You may end up having to medicate Linguini too if it's something contagious.

Bella07

Banned
Does he have an upper respiratory infection? Swollen eye sounds a lot like it! If it is though, URI's are "easy" to cure. Hope Linguini feels better soon!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Yikes. First Linguini now Mickey?! Sounds like your boys are both battling a bug. Hopefully the antibiotics and drops will clear things up quickly.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Sound like chlamydia or another type of infection, yellow usually points in the direction of infection. Hope all went well at the vet let us know.

Back