Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Tail question

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi guys!!! Happy Valentines day!!! Xoxoxo anywase Maggie was born with a kink @ the end of her tail but all of a sudden she has a lump on her tail like the bone is messed up or something I mean do they even have bones in their tails? When I touch it she doesn't mind to much but if I keep doing it she will yell @ me ! I don't know what's wrong if anything is even wrong! Help guys!!!!

Brooke

Banned
Hi guys!!! Happy Valentines day!!! Xoxoxo anywase Maggie was born with a kink @ the end of her tail but all of a sudden she has a lump on her tail like the bone is messed up or something I mean do they even have bones in their tails? When I touch it she doesn't mind to much but if I keep doing it she will yell @ me ! I don't know what's wrong if anything is even wrong! Help guys!!!!

Yes, they do have bones in their tail! You should definitely have it looked at by a vet. It could be any number of things like the things that admin and Sam suggested or something as simple as a bug bite or something serious like a bone infection.

Good luck! I hope it's nothing!! Happy V-Day and hugs and kisses to Maggie.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Sorry to hear about Maggie's lil tail. I hope it turns out to be nothing but if she is hollaring at you when you keep messing with it I'd for sure take her to the vet. That shows she is atleast annoyed by it. Goodluck and keep us posted!!!!! Sending healing thoughts & prayers your way!

PitRottMommy

Banned

I agree with Brooke, it's time to have it checked out. Kinked tails can be a sign of many things that happened before your ownership such as genetic problems, medications that the mother was on at the time of pregnancy, injury after birth, etc.

In short, yes, cats do have bones in their tails. Vertebra run from the base of the skull to the tip of the tail. And problems can certainly arise from something that hasn't caused her any problems before. Here's to hoping it's simply associated swelling and nothing more. Good luck!

Back