Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Tammy's here!

Danielle

Lairian
Well she's been here, but today is the first day since we've had her that I have a minute to post! Last Friday(Dec. 10th) I woke up so super excited to get her, we were supposed to pick her up at the San Jose airport at 7:45pm. As you may or may not know cargo flights they don't always go straight to their destination, for some reason Tammy's plane made a stop at Houston,TX and she missed her flight from TX to CA....i was going to have to wait another day for her to get a flight to San Jose...that was not happening!! I was able to get her on a flight going to San Francisco that would arrive at 11pm. It really wasn't a question of driving any further to get her since Ed was just as excited and very worried about her being in a crate for that long, what a good dad ;)

We got a little lost at the airport, it's huge!! and ended up being late which was good because it was still about 20 min. for her to get off the plane to cargo. Finally she arrived and I see the cutest little pink carrier coming towards us. So so so happy and excited for this moment. She was curled up very comfortably, once we started talking to her she got up and mewed at us. We signed the papers and Ed carried her out to the car, I got settled in my seat and opened the crate, when i reached in to get her i was SO surprised at how warm she was, hot even!

She was very vocal the whole ride home, hopping to the back seat, perching on the head rest. From my experience with a niece and 2 nephews I decided to "swaddle" her in hopes that she would calm down and she did, she fell right to sleep. Now when she's wondering a lil aimlessly or complaining, i scoop her up in her blanky and she falls right to sleep.

Moxie has already warmed up to her and they love playing, Mox was once the chasee and is now the chaser. Guppy is taking a bit longer. He's not stressed at all though so that's good, everything is normal until she gets too close to him and he hisses which doesn't phase Tammy at all :)

We're getting her used to the car and going out. So far she's been to the mall and been loved on by the masses and to my sister's house and survived the kids. My sister was afraid she might be freaked out by her and offend me but she's in a love. Ed's mom was positive she would be freaked out by her but fell in love the moment she touched her and has said ,"she feels beautiful". And her grammy (my mom) loves her to bits and spoils her with roast chicken<3

So far bathing her has been easy, and I trimmed her nails while she was sleeping. She already has quite a wardrobe and I attempted making a sweater last night that came out pretty awesome, she's still in it so that's a good sign. (see below)

We are over the moon! What I especially love is how much my husband loves her. Ill be doing my hair in the bathroom and hear him say," you should have your sweater on...arm goes in here,arm goes in her". Pretty hilariously cute!

I just finished uploading LOTS of photos to her album!

Danielle

Lairian
Awwwww... reminds me of Gizzy as a baby... I am going to sound totally corny, but cherish every moment now... They grow up so fast!!! LOL:LOL:

She is absolutely beautiful!!!!:Smile:

Haha I know, corny but true! and I am cherishing every moment very much. She is definitely our baby<3 My biological clock is completely silent :LOL:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

I am glad you have her.
She is cute and has Wrinkles face.
It is crazy they have to go from San Diego to Houston.
Her half sister was lost at the airport.
Have you sent her breeder pics since you got her?
She loves getting pics.

Danielle

Lairian

I am glad you have her.
She is cute and has Wrinkles face.
It is crazy they have to go from San Diego to Houston.
Her half sister was lost at the airport.
Have you sent her breeder pics since you got her?
She loves getting pics.

I know! I def see her in wrinkles :D Yep I sent J an email professing my love for Tammy and she has a link to my flickr (Danielleorama)

JacksMom

Banned
Thanks for the story! I loved reading it! And I really really like the fuzzy sweater she's wearing...I assume that's what you made? WOW! I so wish I could sew so that I could make Jack some fuzzy soft things. I have a sewing machine but for the life of me I wouldn't know how to cut out a pattern or make one up!! Gonna go check out your album now....she's a doll and congratulations on getting her.

Danielle

Lairian
You know sphynx are like potato chips you can not have just one.

Haha i believe it. Once we move into a house (we're bursting at the seams in our current apartment but are looking to buy next year) and I fully enjoy tammy's babyhood I would definitely like another....we'll see what the husband says:LOL:

TotenEngel

Banned
What a sweetie!! :)
My hubby does the same with Smeagols sweaters... 'now this arm' lol, and from a man who pulled faces when I first suggested we get a jumper for him!!!!

tessblack

Banned
Oh she is so cute, especially in that sweater. Yeah I hear the same thing out of the husband when he is putting on there harnesses to go outside. "Ok baby put your arm through here and then we can go outside, you want to go outside don't you." And then lots of baby talk.

Sorry it took so long to get her, but now she is home.

Congrats.

lawgrl

Lairian
Haha i believe it. Once we move into a house (we're bursting at the seams in our current apartment but are looking to buy next year) and I fully enjoy tammy's babyhood I would definitely like another....we'll see what the husband says:LOL:

She is just beautiful! It's amazing what these little guys do to husbands...wrapped around their little finger in no time!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
So to hear about the snag in her flights, but am glad to hear that Tammy is finally where she belongs. Congratulations. She is beautiful.

I am so glad you finally got her! She is so pretty! I just got my Butter Jones the end of Nov. Isn't it just the best having a Sphynx baby in the house?! I love watching him play with the other 2. I especially love watching , husband carry hm around like a baby and cooing over what a "good boy HIS Butter Jones is".

Back