Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Tattoo of Sphynx?

GioThermal

Lairian
Does anyone on here have a Sphynx cat tattoo? I would really like to see one. I would like to get one but I don't know how to capture their beauty.

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Indeed a couple of members do have a sphynx tattoo. I remember seeing a couple of members showing off their ink. Sorry, can't remember who. I ink up my kitty. OK, not real ink.

Replacement String:

Last edited by a moderator:

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I've added a couple of links to threads in my first post :smile:

I love the Ball, he should come live with me :ThumbsUp: :LOL:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
There are a few members with sphynx tatts.
I have a cat tatt in memory of Stripe but she was not a sphynx.

GioThermal

Lairian
I say we all go get our Sphynx tattoos together. Lets call Kat Von-D out in LA and have her do them for us! She had Ludwig (RIP) so she can capture the beauty of our kick-a$$ cats!! Maybe she'll give us a "multi-person" discount. :LOL:

zoes mom

Lairian
I've seen an amazing one on here but can't remember her name(sorry) You are sooo right about Kat doing it , I couldn't think of someone who could be able to capture the sphynx better than her! I wonder how much they charge for tatts anyway??

GioThermal

Lairian
I have tried to contact her (Kat VonD) a couple of times and no avail. I even drove to Chicago to see if her friend could give me a tattoo. Her tattoo shop was closed on a Saturday night. I have no idea how much she would charge. Probably double what regular tattoo artists charge. :Hysterical:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
What kind of tattoo shop is closed on a Saturday night?!?! LOL That must of been a bummer. I can't wait to see your tat once you finally get it. I'm planning on getting something similar to the Lair logo on my right foot this summer.

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm pretty lsure it's Barrellstar who got the last sphynx tattoo on here...I'm currently waiting for my appointment to have the Sphynx Lair logo sphynx tattoed behind my left ear!

Good luck with yours!

X

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have a tattoo that incorporates both of my breeds- Sphynx and Savannahs :) I got it last year and I love it. My Mum has one of just the Sphynx, minus the big spotted hairy cat.

Kat Von Dee or however you spell it overcharges for tattoos- if you read up on reviews of her shop, you get the quick impression that you can find better tatto0 artists (or at least, as good) for much less.

I found an artist I liked, paid her to draw my design, and then went to the tattoo shop and had them make flash of it and therefore my tat is an exact replica of the artwork :)

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
BitesizeSVSphynx.jpg

Here is the artwork... My tat is identical- probably about 3-4 inches tall.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I have a tattoo that incorporates both of my breeds- Sphynx and Savannahs :) I got it last year and I love it. My Mum has one of just the Sphynx, minus the big spotted hairy cat.

Kat Von Dee or however you spell it overcharges for tattoos- if you read up on reviews of her shop, you get the quick impression that you can find better tatto0 artists (or at least, as good) for much less.

I found an artist I liked, paid her to draw my design, and then went to the tattoo shop and had them make flash of it and therefore my tat is an exact replica of the artwork :)

Awesome - yes Kat Von D does overcharge. She is like Gap, you pay for the brand not the product!! However, I do want a tat from her just for bragging rights. lol

You have Savannahs??? That is the other breed we are hoping for someday. They run crazy expensive so its not in the cards right now but I've love to meet one one day atleast. They are amazing cats!!! Do you have photos? Do you Sphynx and Savannah get along ok? oo I have so many questions! lol PM me sometime!!

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I will PM you :) Yeah, they can run crazy expensive, but it's kinda like the Sphynx community where if you take the time to get to know a few people here and there, it definitely helps versus just purchasing a kitten and taking your time!

But for the general audience- SVs and Sphynxes get along very well typically :)

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Thanks - I understood what you meant. :) I will defintley look for some Savannah places to join. Thanks again Birthday Suit! xoxoxoxo

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I like the Savannah's too. I think they're a little too rich for my blood. There are some good Youtube videos with Savannahs. I love there size.

One of my all time favorite videos.
Replacement String:

Let's go all out and get serval! Now that's a pounce
Replacement String:

Last edited by a moderator:

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Is Geothermal your cats name? Because that is fabulous for a sphynx! He looks a lot like my nofuratu. Lovely nose!

Back