Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Tattooing cats?????

laurame

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
SO my brother-in-law yesterday tells me about a picture he saw online of a tattooed sphynx. I was thinking those fake ones like Butterball had on so I said oh yeah people put the fake ones on its funny. He said no its a real tattoo. I looked online and sure enough people have tattooed Sphynx kitties!!! WTH!!!!! I was shocked! I don't want to offend anyone but I think these people should be jailed. That is so cruel. These poor animals don't have a say in what is done to them. So sad!
Balkanpix.com - Balkanpix home page
?s=12&i=905&o=143&set=1

AmazonGoddess

Lairian
That's inhumane. Period. The poor kitty is obviously drugged and it still must have hurt like hell - right over his/her breast bone. Poor thing.

People are idiots. I keep saying that over and over. No wonder I prefer my cats to most people. (Present company excepted).

I pray to god I never see anyone in person who has done that to their pet ...

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ugh... I think it was some crazy person in Russia that did that... Unreal... But I guess tpeople tattoo cats for identification also same process as decoration? I don't know I would never even think about putting the cats through it for any reason.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:Angry: That is down right WRONG.:Furious: Putting an animal under is risky, but doing it because it is "something different" is absurd.:Angry:

Morticia

Lairian
There is a new trend in Russia to tattoo sphynx cats, sad but true.

I'm heavily tattooed myself but I would NEVER have my sphynx tattooed, it's sooooo cruel !!!

They tattoo the cat with full anestesia so even more risks involved - not to talk about the aftercare !!! Must be horrendous!!! All that itching, poor little ones!!

Tattooing sphynx cats should be judged as animal cruelty and a huge fine (for the tattooer) and face jail for the owner !!!

TotenEngel

Banned
again, I have a lot of tattoos (mostly cat themed!) but just YUCK!
Am actually too cross to even start on a rant about this as I'll not stop :ThumbsDown:

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yeah, it's become a bit of a fashion thing in Russia for some sphynx owners and is natrually totally moronic.
Just like declawing it is done just for the owner and have nothing to do with the cat.
If you can't own an animal without hurting it you just should not own an animal period.
No matter what the reason is.

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Same here, lot's of tattoo's... And I would never put my babies through it! It sucks and hurts but I decide that I want it, they can't make that decision :Angry: People suck :Angry:

gizmo6370

Banned
Yeah, it's become a bit of a fashion thing in Russia for some sphynx owners and is natrually totally moronic.
Just like declawing it is done just for the owner and have nothing to do with the cat.
If you can't own an animal without hurting it you just should not own an animal period.
No matter what the reason is.

I agree...

firehillqueen

Banned
Isn't it enough to be lucky enough to own one of these beautiful exotic cats with their unique individual wrinkles and colors? It is like taking a beautiful flower and throwing paint on it... it is just wrong. I don't have a problem with tattoos on people.. I even had my Arabian horses tattooed with I.D. numbers back in the 90's ( a common practice to prevent them from being stolen and sold at a slaughter house)
A very different thing from a complex and painful multi-color tattoo on the thin and tender skin of a small cat.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Its absurd - I don't condone this at all and I dont feel pity for the person if I ever meet them and their sphynx is tattooed as such. I'll rain hell on them so bad - they will wish they never met me!

LucyFurrr

Lairian

I'm heavily tattooed myself but I would NEVER have my sphynx tattooed, it's sooooo cruel !!!

They tattoo the cat with full anestesia so even more risks involved - not to talk about the aftercare !!! Must be horrendous!!! All that itching, poor little ones!!

Tattooing sphynx cats should be judged as animal cruelty and a huge fine (for the tattooer) and face jail for the owner !!!

I agree. I think BEING heavily tattooed, we have even a stronger stance against it. We know what you go through, the process, and the healing. To put an unwilling animal through that is animal cruelty, no gray area there at all.

harperc

Lairian
My sister used to be a vet tech and her doctor did tattoo kittens while they were being spayed/neutered for a quick way to identify if the cat had been fixed for future purposes. I can see that...sort of. I think they are beautiful just the way they were brought into this world, so don't mess with it.

lawgrl

Lairian

I totally agree!! I've got multiple tatoos but I would never, ever even consider doing this to my kitties just for cosmetic reasons (an i.d. tatoo, maybe if for some reason they had to have it instead of a microchip).

It absolutely should be cruelty, in my opinion (not to mention that unecessary anesthesia is just wrong in and of itself). The laws (in the US anyway) are beginning to head in the right direction but they have a long way to go.

Moonlight

Lairian
That's ridiculous. These cats are wonderfully beautiful and distinct without any decorative tattooing. It should be considered abuse.

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:Furious::Furious: To start, I would like to drop-kick the owner in the mouth with my steel-toed boots on. Then while she's out, I would like to try my hand at tattooing on her face and her chest. Grrrrrrr :Angry: Ridiculous. 3 hours under anesthesia?!?!? Come on, any moral vet wouldn't allow him/herself to be part of such a thing and there is no medical justification for this. :Angry: I have a lot of tatts....13 and my left arm is a 3/4 sleeve and the other arm is a 3/4 in progress....it is painful! Doesn't matter that he was "out" it's gonna hurt when he wakes up. Poor kitteh :Sad: And now, we are gonna start seeing all the twinky douche-bags like Paris Hilton getting sphynxs and doing the same. :Angry: Gonna stop :Stop: 'cause I don't wanna get all psycho up in here. :Frown:

TotenEngel

Banned
oooooooo... pics of cat tattoos? Please???

Cat themed rather than real cats!! I have 4 pawprints on my right arm that each represent a special purry baby I have lost (on Joshs last day with us I got an ink pad to get a paw print from him but am yet to get it added!) I then have the chinese symbol for Tiger as I was born year of the tiger, I also have the white wolf (role playing system) symbol for werecat on my ankle, then here are my 2 bigger ones!

My Mad Hatter and Cheshire Cat tattoos that I travelled to Evian to get done!

My stick cat that was done by the same tattooist - I have a stick mouse behind my other ear :)

emmysmom10

Lairian
O my goodness! I cried when I looked at the link...I thought about what it felt like when I got my feet tatooed and I can't imagine the pain that cat woke up in:Cry:

kaylin

Lairian
SO my brother-in-law yesterday tells me about a picture he saw online of a tattooed sphynx. I was thinking those fake ones like Butterball had on so I said oh yeah people put the fake ones on its funny. He said no its a real tattoo. I looked online and sure enough people have tattooed Sphynx kitties!!! WTH!!!!! I was shocked! I don't want to offend anyone but I think these people should be jailed. That is so cruel. These poor animals don't have a say in what is done to them. So sad!
Balkanpix.com - Balkanpix home page
?s=12&i=905&o=143&set=1

What about an extremely tiny heart tattoo on the ear? Not saying I would do it but do you think that's bad?

Back