Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Tearing up cardboard?

NapsAndDreams

Lairian
Pandora has been ripping up cardboard boxes. She's not eating them.... Just tearing them up. Is she bored? Is she sharpening her teeth? 20230920_221856.jpg20230920_222031.jpg

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Not sure but my Rankle does the same. I just assumed he's being his weird little self. Interested to see opinions though :D

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Most likely just likes the texture of chewing it since she isn’t eating it. Silly girlie. Our one boy loves to chew curtains and gnaw on the plastic tube like mesh we have to cover wires on computer cords. Can’t win lol.

Donatella87

Lairian
Pandora has been ripping up cardboard boxes. She's not eating them.... Just tearing them up. Is she bored? Is she sharpening her teeth?ho
Pandora has been ripping up cardboard boxes. She's not eating them.... Just tearing them up. Is she bored? Is she sharpening her teeth?View attachment 112450View attachment 112451
I had a sphynx cat that we had to hide boxes from because he chewed on them. He had such great teeth and I think he was doing it to keep his teeth clean.

Pandora has been ripping up cardboard boxes. She's not eating them.... Just tearing them up. Is she bored? Is she sharpening her teeth?View attachment 112450View attachment 112451
Hey Lairian! I had a sphynx cat that would always chew on boxes. I think he was just trying to keep those pearly whites of his clean. Had to keep boxes away from him! He did have beautiful teeth.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@NapsAndDreams , mine love chewing boxes too. as soon as I get a package I let them play with the box for a few minutes. Then I take the box away and put in recycle bin. I pesonally don't want to take the chance of swallowing bits and pieces of cardboard and cause a potential obstruction.
*** caution ** many like plastic grocery bags which are a hazard for chewing or getting stuck in. I empty groceries throw out the plastic bags or use a reusable grocery bag now.

by the photos you shared, you definitely have a wonderful enrichment theme going on :)

NapsAndDreams

Lairian
My apartment is currently like half filled with cardboard boxes. I need to figure out where to put them all, long term. The cats love the 3 dimensional space, but everything is made out of cardboard.

Back