Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Teeth troubles!!

SarahShambles

Lairian
Soo church has never had great looking teeth always been stained :( but now he's got his little fangs next to the canines falling out ones been missing for years and now the other is extremely loose and definitely going to fall out!! The vets didn't really help last time I went Sooo apart from brushing which I do from time to time I'm at a loss obviously I can't ATM seeing as his tooth is soo loose! Any advice would be much appreciated! Xx

Attachments

• IMG_6133.JPG
    IMG_6133.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 42

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I would see another vet for a second opinion. I would think there has to be pain involved for a cat to have them falling out.

celsei

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Go to another vet or preferably a dentist vet, other than brushing them every day and dental treats many need yearly professional cleanings, he likely needs the bad tooth pulled and the rest cleaned sounds like he has gingivitis eg the gums are inflammed/loose which is why teeth are falling out. Maybe antibiotics as well. He definitely needs treatment or he'll lose more teeth and dental problems affect their health/appetite a lot, any infection in the mouth will just keep spreading until stopped

SarahShambles

Lairian
Go to another vet or preferably a dentist vet, other than brushing them every day and dental treats many need yearly professional cleanings, he likely needs the bad tooth pulled and the rest cleaned sounds like he has gingivitis eg the gums are inflammed/loose which is why teeth are falling out. Maybe antibiotics as well. He definitely needs treatment or he'll lose more teeth and dental problems affect their health/appetite a lot, any infection in the mouth will just keep spreading until stopped

Thank you I'll book him in asap to see the vet!! And get this sorted Poor little guy!!! X

Back