Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Temper Tantrums Anyone?

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh, my Bronx-e throws the worst temper tantrums!! Last night was a prime example!
every night he sleeps on my chest. Well i move... a lot.. in my sleep. and he HATES it! about 1/2 the time i can roll on my side while snuggling him and he'll be fine (he ends up either on my side or the bed at that point). but the other 1/2 of the time if i move just the SLIGHTEST he jack-rabbit jumps on my chest (HIGH) onto Fiance's chest (imagine a 200lb man feet and head spring up lol and him yelling "dang-it bronxe!!") then finally on the floor! EVERY NIGHT this happens at least 3 times (if not more!). poor fiance' get the worst of it all lol. the best part? sometimes within a min, he'll come back to bed.. other times can take up to 5 mins, but he ALWAYS comes back! he jumps back up on my side (on my table), gives a little "meow" (mom, open blankets) and we're back in our slumber....... to only start the cycle over again :LOL:

Does your kitty throw temper tantrums??

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Re: Temper Tantrums anyone??

YES!! If Snuffie gets into something and I take it away or make her stop she will then run around the house like a wild monkey jumping on things and knocking them over and find something else to play with. She is doing it right now as I took away a push pin she found, so now she is really mad at me. lol Oh well,,,I'm not about to have her hurt herself on that!

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

haha! yah bronxe does that wild monkey stuff too LOL. my female, Bea is much more laid back though. she never acts like that!
oh kitties, i love their personalities!

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

You are not the only one! Butterball hates it when I sleep and he wants to play. He runs up and down my body digging in his hind claws.

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
This is hilarious! It sounds just like my Sphynx girl! We have only had her a short while, but most nights she sleeps in our bed- she hates it when I turn over! She usually meows in protest, then makes a big deal out of getting herself settled again! Some nights a leave her in the living room with the other cats!:LOL:

Inferno12

Banned
Oh, my Bronx-e throws the worst temper tantrums!! Last night was a prime example!
every night he sleeps on my chest. Well i move... a lot.. in my sleep. and he HATES it! about 1/2 the time i can roll on my side while snuggling him and he'll be fine (he ends up either on my side or the bed at that point). but the other 1/2 of the time if i move just the SLIGHTEST he jack-rabbit jumps on my chest (HIGH) onto Fiance's chest (imagine a 200lb man feet and head spring up lol and him yelling "dang-it bronxe!!") then finally on the floor! EVERY NIGHT this happens at least 3 times (if not more!). poor fiance' get the worst of it all lol. the best part? sometimes within a min, he'll come back to bed.. other times can take up to 5 mins, but he ALWAYS comes back! he jumps back up on my side (on my table), gives a little "meow" (mom, open blankets) and we're back in our slumber....... to only start the cycle over again :LOL:

Does your kitty throw temper tantrums??

Johnny does the exact same thing except I am the spring board! :Surprise::Surprise: He has to be in between the sheet and the blanket. If I lift them both he just stands there and stares at me like I am stupid!

When Gable get angry because we close the front door and he can no longer stand at the screen, he will wait until either my son or my daughter walk by and he swats at them! Without fail each time! he will not do it to my husband or I, but he is like an angry little child taking something out on a sibling!

Inferno12

Banned
When Gable get angry because we close the front door and he can no longer stand at the screen, he will wait until either my son or my daughter walk by and he swats at them! Without fail each time! he will not do it to my husband or I, but he is like an angry little child taking something out on a sibling!

:LOL::LOL::LOL::Hysterical::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Johnny does the exact same thing except I am the spring board! :Surprise::Surprise: He has to be in between the sheet and the blanket. If I lift them both he just stands there and stares at me like I am stupid!
:LOL:He's thinking, "Geez, woman how many times do I have to show you this?":LOL:

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
hahaha, aren't these guys the funniest things!! i personally think Sphynx kitties have much more personality then hairy kitties! i love hearing all the stories!

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:LOL::LOL: These are so funny!!

sometimes if my other half is stroking Mugs just not the way he wants he will whine then rear up and drum on his head!! I know it's something we have to stop him doing but it is bloody funny! :LOL::LOL:

X

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member

I hate when ours do that :Surprise: I just feel like I can't move like I am in a straight jacket or something. My rule is get under all the covers and sheet or none at all, of course they choose all but every once in a while end up in the middle of both and I wake up and freak out I don't know what it is but it almost scares me.:Dizzy::Laugh:

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My Kika and I had a bed time ritual. First he is on my chest and I pet him for 10 minutes then he gets all calm and lays on my chest or neck (awkkk can't breath) then I want to lay on my side so he tries to balance on my hip. That doesn't work for him so he jumps off me with all his strength while cleating me with claws. In 10 minutes he is back standing at my head looking at me so I raise the covers for snuggles and he stares at me like I'm some kinda fool then shoots off the bed like a rocket. Then in 10 minutes he is back and ready to comply with MY idea of snuggles under the covers. So.... after about 45 minutes we are ready to sleep.

Last edited:

susi794

Staff member
Last time Othie went to the vet for her shots, one of the shots pinched more than usual, and when I put her back in her carrier and went to coo to her, she slapped my face about three times really HARD. LOL--she had never done that before. It hurt! She was mad at me for letting him do that to her I guess....and stayed mad at me for about an hour. She's normally such a love bug that it shocked me.

Jocy24

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Last time Othie went to the vet for her shots, one of the shots pinched more than usual, and when I put her back in her carrier and went to coo to her, she slapped my face about three times really HARD. LOL--she had never done that before. It hurt! She was mad at me for letting him do that to her I guess....and stayed mad at me for about an hour. She's normally such a love bug that it shocked me.

I have a similar story with Buffy. I had her at the vet and he took her tempature. Well the vet tech didn't have a good hold (guess there really wasn't much to hold) and well he jammed that thermometer up Buffys behind and she turned back and bit him! Then jumped into my arms and purred. He seemed kinda mad so I held onto my laugh but just barely. I don't blame her. Get a little lube or something. I'd probably have bitten him too!

Back