Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Temporary Tattoos for Sphynx Cats?!?

Naked_Einstein

Lairian
I was wondering what everyone's opinions were on applying temporary tattoos (like the ones for kids) to your sphynx cats. I've seen quite a few pictures of cats with these decorations on them and I'm intrigued.

But I'm also a little concerned about whether this is harmful or not. What is they lick them? Will it irritate their skin/oil glands? ect. I know they're safe for children, but I don't know if it's something I'd want to put on my cat. Any input?

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
A few folks here put temp tats on their cats. I want to try it also but haven't been able to get an answer. I even contacted a seller on Ebay that has temp tats, but she only knew that they were safe for kids, not Sphynx cats. I'm gonna' subscribe to this thread to see if anyone knows where to get them.:ThumbsUp:

Jocy24

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Temps are going to be part of Harry's halloween costume this year. He's gonna be a punk so we need a mom tattoo and some skull and crossbones. Also a mohawk if anyone knows where I can get a kitty size one :BigSmile:.

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Temps are going to be part of Harry's halloween costume this year. He's gonna be a punk so we need a mom tattoo and some skull and crossbones. Also a mohawk if anyone knows where I can get a kitty size one :BigSmile:.

A mohawk will be soooo cute. Hope you can find one:Laugh:

Naked_Einstein

Lairian
I would love to see pics of the punk rocker costume! Especially the mohawk! Have you found one or know where to even get a kitty mohawk?

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
That is the one and the same Butterball. He's a lizard hunting, tattoo getting, bath hating, toilet paper eating, maniac!

:Hysterical::LOL: Love your use of words to describe your Bball. I have to say that your avatar pic of him is like my fave pic here. :ThumbsUp:Everytime I see it, I smile. & El Gato Loco is a perfect name to go with THAT pic.:ThumbsUp: He is such a cute boy. You're lucky to have him!:BigSmile:

VeVeLove

Lairian
My 3 year old daughter covered herself and my kitty from head to toe with temp tattoos. I had to bring her to the vet that day for her shots and lets just say the office almost ppd them self. my vet wasn't concerned as long as they are non toxic plus Veve never cleans her self anyways. They mostly washed off or peeled off that night. I wish I would had taken pics of it.

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

yes! You can go to etsy.com and look up hats for cats. Theres a girl that knits hats for cats and sells them for $12 - 14 each and thers a tie on cap one with a mohawk!! Its the funniest thing! I showed one to my friend who crochets and she tried making on for Nofuratu but it was too small...he has a big head...if you know someone who knits they dont look hard to make. You just need to make the ear holes big enough.
The pictures on etsy are so funny because the cats are furry ones....and they are all just hanging out wearing these knitted caps....with flowers and Mohawks...LOL

Adventures of A Naked Cat

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
My 3 year old daughter covered herself and my kitty from head to toe with temp tattoos. I had to bring her to the vet that day for her shots and lets just say the office almost ppd them self. my vet wasn't concerned as long as they are non toxic plus Veve never cleans her self anyways. They mostly washed off or peeled off that night. I wish I would had taken pics of it.

Oh, my! That must've been hilarious:LOL: I'm sure she was the #1 hit @ the vets office that day!:BigSmile:

KitCatty

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

OM! What kids will do when you are not looking. It had to of been hilarious.... shame on you for not taking pictures. I think you should recreate the seen!!!! :LOL:

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
yes! You can go to etsy.com and look up hats for cats. Theres a girl that knits hats for cats and sells them for $12 - 14 each and thers a tie on cap one with a mohawk!! Its the funniest thing! I showed one to my friend who crochets and she tried making on for Nofuratu but it was too small...he has a big head...if you know someone who knits they dont look hard to make. You just need to make the ear holes big enough.
The pictures on etsy are so funny because the cats are furry ones....and they are all just hanging out wearing these knitted caps....with flowers and Mohawks...LOL

Adventures of A Naked Cat

I will check it out!:ThumbsUp::BigSmile:

Naked_Einstein

Lairian
Etsy has a lot of great stuff for cats. If you do a search for hairless cats you'll find a fleece sweater with a shark fin on the back that sticks up. It's pretty awesome. The same woman also makes ones with bat wings on the sides.

Back